Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your NEXT card?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: What's your NEXT card?

I envy your Citi Forward card, mikelo, great for dining. I am already sad for you for the day they eventually discontinue yours and force you to have some subpar replacement (I think they forced a lot of Forward users into a Thank You Preferred, or was that just rumor?)

Message 51 of 100
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I envy your Citi Forward card, mikelo, great for dining. I am already sad for you for the day they eventually discontinue yours and force you to have some subpar replacement (I think they forced a lot of Forward users into a Thank You Preferred, or was that just rumor?)

I'm not sure if it ever happened to some people or not, but yeah there has long been a rumor swirling about that Citi was thinking about PCing all Fowards to the Thank You Preferred. That still seems like the most probable route. 

Edit: And yeah, I don't know what I would do without it. I go to the movies just about every weekend too which is also perfect since I get 5x for that as well. It's such a perfect card for my spending style. I've had to get a couple replacements over the years from swiping it so much and the magnetic strip getting dull. Smiley LOL

Message 52 of 100
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Amex, if or when they remove me from the blacklist. I'm gonna be waiting a while.
Message 53 of 100
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Amex Blue Cash Preferred

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 54 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Everyday or Amex PRG if there is a good bonus.  My goal is to improve my average age.

Message 55 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP for sure.

Message 56 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Hawaiian Airlines, Citi Prestige, or Ritz

Message 57 of 100
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Definitely considering the Freedom as my next card.  Waiting a few months until the Amex ages a bit more. I'm very much picky about number of inquiries on my reports, as it is. Smiley Wink

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 58 of 100
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

It was gonna be SunTrust Platinum MasterCard, but after checking out the epic Discover Miles thread (TL;DR, for the most part), I think it's gonna be Miles, although I was hoping to get a CLI to $10K on my It first.

Message 59 of 100
baller4life
Super Contributor

Now AARP since I snagged Sallie Mae today. Smiley Wink
Message 60 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.