Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite store card?

tag
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Re: What's your favorite store card?

I STAY on Amazon.com - so that would be my favorite store card -  simply because I have reason to use it.  Aside from my Firestone - all other store cards are GE/Com bank so the terms - and in most cases - the CLs are the same.   Before I started getting cards with cashback offers - I used Amazon the most.

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 31 of 54
flawesome
Contributor

I don't have one either, but I do have a target debit card for the %5 discount. I've stopped carrying that though since I figured out my local target is coded as a grocery store.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 32 of 54
skigirl916
Established Contributor

The Limited Couture Card Heart

Message 33 of 54
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Love my Macy, Walmart, and Amazon Cc;-)
Message 34 of 54
KORN
New Contributor

I am in love with my Amazon Store Card!!  Before I buy an item, I do research on  the pricing to see if it's cheaper somewhere else.  If Amazon is the cheapest, I purchase from them and I always purchase at least $150 to get that 0% for 6 months.  Easy to use website too!!  Cannot wait to get my credit a little better so  I can get the Amazon credit card. 

From April 2014 I went from $400 or $600 I forgot to $1900 in November.  I've had two CLI within that time! 

Barclay$1450/Cap1 QuickSilver1 $1300/BofA $1,000/ChaseAmazon $1,000/Amazon $2500/Old Navy $800/REDcard $800/Walmart $600/PayPal $1900/Game Stop $350-5/8/14 638..8/12/14 696..10/2/14 712
Message 35 of 54
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

VS all the way for me.  Saved a ton catching their big sale and using multiple coupon cards.  In addition, since this is my anniversary month I earn triple points, so each dollar spent yields discount cards.  I also made Angel Forever, so the perks will be even bigger starting in January- the same month I get another $60 worth of reward cards.

I've noticed that some look down on store cards preferring "real" reward cards.  Well, for me there is no better reward than cash in my pocket or, at least, not coming out of my checking account.  I know people who do equally well with Lord & Taylor, Macy's, etc.  If you are a frequent shopper at a particular store, it can truly pay to use their card. If you're just an ocassional shopper, it probably isn't worth it. 

Always check the program features and benifits - not all store cards are as generous as the ones mentioned above.

Message 36 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal-Mart and Burke's Outlet!
Message 37 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys. But i would like to have kohls too Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Targets red card for me. Can't beat 15% off,(5% + a family employee discount of 10%) saves a good bit of money. Having a $1500 CL helps too. Started with $1000 and just got a $500 auto CLI after only 4 months. They seem more generous than average for me for whatever reason.
Message 39 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Targets red card for me. Can't beat 15% off,(5% + a family employee discount of 10%) saves a good bit of money. Having a $1500 CL helps too. Started with $1000 and just got a $500 auto CLI after only 4 months. They seem more generous than average for me for whatever reason.

My coworker would like this card but her credit is pretty low, maybe like 600 or so.  Has anyone got this card with that kind of score?  Would applying in store and trying to throw in a bit of charm and pleading help?

Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.