Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your goal cc limits?

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's your goal cc limits?

My first goal was to get credit, then to get more diverse credit, then break 10k on a card, then 10k on more than one card.  Then finally to get back in with AMEX for backdating.  All of these goals were obtained this month.

Next goals;

Get a single credit card to break 20k.

My goal is to break the 100k barrier of total credit limits.

Get more AMEX products for backdating purposes.  Each additional account will get me another 21 years....

Renew my personal LOC with Wells from 10k to 25k, hopefully April 2013 will do it.

I have been working hard, but the only thing that works is TIME...Darn Experian, so many prime CC use them, inquiries stink.....  and of course on time payments.

Thanks to myFICO forum I have been able to achieve goals to date.

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 11 of 34
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Id like to get above 10000 on a card, but am too afraid to ask for it lol. I would also like to get a higher limit card on the Visa/Mastercard network. The highest I have is 6000 and the higher limits are all on the wretched American Express network.

Message 12 of 34
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Get to 10k total revolving acc this year, Im in 4.5ks Smiley Happy

and Get a descent 3 or 4ks since CC, hoping to achieve it when I can finnaly cut my hands of app again! and garden what I have....

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 13 of 34
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

I like having my limits high enough to be able to book airfare and hotel for family vacations without having to worry about multiple payments.

That´s a good one.

In additon: Enough to not worry about UTIL if a balance reports. Still PIF of course, but not before statement cuts. Aiming to pay on due date.

I agree with both of these thoughts.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 14 of 34
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

My credit goal is to have all my major cards at $5k or better. $10k is the sweet spot, but I make $60k a year and after awhile, I'm guessing creditors will look at my salary and my available credit and think "Why does she even need more credit? What she has is more than sufficient." Which in fact is true, but it would be nice to have every single friggin card sitting at or above a $5k limit. At this point though, I feel very secure and just more at ease anyway because even if I do charge on one card heavily, it doesn't hurt my utilization much.

Here's to hoping to get the last 3 over the $5k mark.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 34
aplast
Regular Contributor

I would like to finally cross 5k. I think that limit will suffice until my income grows some more.

Message 16 of 34
LesWH
Established Contributor

My goal was to have a total revolving availability of $100,000 and I have done that. In fact it is a little over. I don't need anymore credit.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 17 of 34
starry1
Valued Contributor

I only want enough to cover any emergencies that might happen, maybe $10-20k total. I think any more than that might scare me a little.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 18 of 34
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I never really had a limit, but thought $5,000 per card would be nice (I only want about 5 cards). Then my second CC was approved with a CL of $25,000 and that was a seriously good feeling. I have just over $30,000 total available credit now, and that is plenty for me right now, though I will strive for $5,000 per card just so I don't have to worry about utilization on any one card. I just want enough to pay for emergencies while woking overseas.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 19 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

I have 55k+ now, I'm aiming for 100k+ mainly because I prefer my Fico score to fly first class in luxury, and not have to face the rocky roads of credit / debt ratios Smiley Tongue

Since I'm known to charge upto 10k a month or so, it's nice to not have to worry about paying my balance down RIGHT before the statement cuts to maximize my Fico score.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.