cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

tag
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

My two largest CL are B of A. $46,000 and $58,000. Chase $33,500 and $20,000. Both Chase accounts now RJed and will both have low interest BT soon as I have a couple 0% BTs that just expired.

My Amex was $82,000 before they started whacking it down. When they got to $11,000 I cancelled it since it had an AF of $250.

Yes, I have too much CC debt but am stuck due to massive income decrease and a psycho ex that ran stuff up and caused expenses that forced me to charge other stuff. I now owe less than $90,000 total but it is getting harder to keep the average interest under 5% with the decrease in BT offers.

Message 31 of 67
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
Highest non CU card is Citi DP $12.6K.

What's your highest CU card?

Highest was obtained by combining a Visa and MC from NFCU so 40K in total. Penfed at 30K is my highest current line. NFCU is now 25K.

Message 32 of 67
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
Highest non CU card is Citi DP $12.6K.

What's your highest CU card?

Highest was obtained by combining a Visa and MC from NFCU so 40K in total. Penfed at 30K is my highest current line. NFCU is now 25K.

What happened here?

Message 33 of 67
smallfry
Senior Contributor

40K was too high for FICO to pick up so I reduced the credit limit. I am now down to 4 major credit cards lowest limit Chase 10K.
Message 34 of 67
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
40K was too high for FICO to pick up so I reduced the credit limit. I am now down to 4 major credit cards lowest limit Chase 10K.

So the cutoff is somewhere between $30K and $40K. I need to know since Her Ladyship is at $30K with PenFed and will be getting more offers. Probably better for her to take another card next time.
Message 35 of 67
GregB
Valued Contributor

I only seen one example of a "cutoff".

My BofA at $46,000 reports correctly.

I am not sure my Amex at $82,000 reported correctly since they whacked that in half in mid 2008. I don't have any saved reports that old to look at where the limit was still $82,000. I have saved reports from all three CRA showing $41,000 so know all three report at least that.

My BofA T $58,000 reports $50,000 CL on my current EQ FICO and my current EX Score Power.

I therefore assume there IS a cutoff at $50,000.

Message 36 of 67
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Wow, these are some serious CL's! Before credit trouble I had a Discover $1300. Now my highest CL is Walmart $600. But I look forward to growing my CC's.

Message 37 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

Personally, I would like a CC with a CL that did not factor into utilization, IF it had a nice APR for those times I chose to do something that was not PIF.  For business, I have Biz CC or LOC that is not personally reporting.

Addison Avenue would be a nice place to have a $40k CL at 5.24% standard APR.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-13-2009 03:09 PM
Message 38 of 67
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

So the cutoff is somewhere between $30K and $40K. I need to know since Her Ladyship is at $30K with PenFed and will be getting more offers. Probably better for her to take another card next time.

Well the 40K wasn't picked up. The Penfed 30K is being picked up. Obviously the score ding for no accounts with a balance is minor but I don't need a card with a 40K limit. With only 4 lines I feel safe from any AA now. Each card is used at least every other month and the usage is decent.

Message 39 of 67
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Personally, I would like a CC with a CL that did not factor into utilization, IF it had a nice APR for those times I chose to do something that was not PIF.  For business, I have Biz CC or LOC that is not personally reporting.

Addison Avenue would be a nice place to have a $40k CL at 5.24% standard APR.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-13-2009 03:09 PM

Not sure I am understanding. Do you guys mean if the CL does not factor into util this means the balance on the card does not either? So its like a hidden TL?
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.