cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
40K was too high for FICO to pick up so I reduced the credit limit. I am now down to 4 major credit cards lowest limit Chase 10K.

Personally, I would like a CC with a CL that did not factor into utilization, IF it had a nice APR for those times I chose to do something that was not PIF.  For business, I have Biz CC or LOC that is not personally reporting.

Addison Avenue would be a nice place to have a $40k CL at 5.24% standard APR.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-13-2009 03:09 PM

No business expenses on my cards at all. Even with my vastly reduced available credit my utilization is always between 1-2% every month.

Message 41 of 67
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
40K was too high for FICO to pick up so I reduced the credit limit. I am now down to 4 major credit cards lowest limit Chase 10K.

Personally, I would like a CC with a CL that did not factor into utilization, IF it had a nice APR for those times I chose to do something that was not PIF.  For business, I have Biz CC or LOC that is not personally reporting.

Addison Avenue would be a nice place to have a $40k CL at 5.24% standard APR.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-13-2009 03:09 PM

Not sure I am understanding. Do you guys mean if the CL does not factor into util this means the balance on the card does not either? So its like a hidden TL?

It's a FICO oddity. For example if I were to only let a 40K CC report a balance one or more of the CRA's would ding me for no credit card usage that month. The balance is however picked up on the Credit At A Glance Page. I lost 10 months for no revolving balances. High Achievers with clean reports might not see the ding at all. 

Message 42 of 67
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
It's a FICO oddity. For example if I were to only let a 40K CC report a balance one or more of the CRA's would ding me for no credit card usage that month. The balance is however picked up on the Credit At A Glance Page. I lost 10 months for no revolving balances. High Achievers with clean reports might not see the ding at all. 

Oh, very interesting, I'm going have to think about this a bit more. Might be useful to combine 2 cards in the future.

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 43 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

USBank $13,250

It's grown solidly with me over the past 5 years w/auto increases, and I fully anticipate it will continue to do so.

Message 44 of 67
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Wachovia Platinum $8.5k

This has grown for me too.  Another keeper.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 45 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current highest CLs:   Amex Blue 25K and Amex Clear 25K

Message 46 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

L.L. Bean Visa (Barclay's)  30K

BOA Visa                         29.1K

Chase (prev. WAMU) MC   26K 

BOA MC                           25K

Amazon.com Visa (Chase) 22K 

Message 47 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I filed my BK in 2005, I had a $29,600 CL on a Chase (ex-Bank One/First USA) Visa.  I also had four other cards with limits of over $10,000 (AmEx Blue, Fleet MC, MBNA MC, Chase-ex-Providian MC).

Now my biggest credit line is $2400 (GEMB Walmart Discover).  I am working to grow the limits on that and two other cards I've been able to get over the last two years.  Maybe in 2012 I'll be back to $10,000+ limits.

Message 48 of 67
Too_much_debt
Valued Member

BOA $23,000
TU 712; EQ 739; EX 736 -- As of 07/01/2015
Message 49 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, there are some pretty high CL's out there.

I started another thread for lowest APR.  Hope to get some good info on best places to shop APR.

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.