Reply
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,156
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Top feeding continues - but the top is way up there these days.

 

I would question every AA action, perhaps more that once. At best you'll get something, and at worst you'll get a "NO".


 

I have to agree with Matt when he says: I'm not gonna bother fighting rate hikes.

 

It's not worth the effort. I have better ways to spend my time. I've finally reached a point in my life where I don't care what the rates are. I don't pay interest.

 

Just my 2 cents.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

Feel free not to. I question everything and get results.
New Visitor
startingouttotallylost
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎08-19-2009
0

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

MC issued via HSBC -rewards card: 15,500, but with 11.49% interest [rewards cards are usually higher, i'm told].

Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Top feeding continues - but the top is way up there these days.

 

I would question every AA action, perhaps more that once. At best you'll get something, and at worst you'll get a "NO".


Agree especially rate jacks to 20%.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?


startingouttotallylost wrote:

MC issued via HSBC -rewards card: 15,500, but with 11.49% interest [rewards cards are usually higher, i'm told].


 

This is pretty good for a rewards card.
PBJ
New Member
PBJ
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎08-19-2009
0

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

Keystone:

 

I've had them almost 15 years each.  They steadily kept raising my credit limits over the past several years. Actually those limits are reduced amounts. They were higher before but I can't remember what they were.  I never get anywhere close to the limit.  The bulk of the raises were about 8 years ago when I was doing very heavy travel for work.  Buying first class international tickets and traveling every week.  I got reimbursed by my company so I paid the credit card bills off each month. They kept raising the limits.

 

The past 2 years they cut them down a bit but not too much. I also bank with those 2 banks with the high limits so I think that might help.  No debt, house is almost paid off and very high income.  I get my salary direct deposited into my checking accounts so I believe the banks can see how much I'm making and kept increasing the limits. 

 

I mostly use my AMEX and been happy with them but the annual fee is high at $550 a year.  I agree with some of the other posters. I think banks will continue to decrease credit lines - especially unused lines of credit.  I do use my MC and Visa but typically only when the place doesn't take AMEX.

Senior Contributor
MattH
Posts: 3,245
Registered: ‎04-03-2008
0

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?


PBJ wrote:

Keystone:

 

I've had them almost 15 years each.  They steadily kept raising my credit limits over the past several years. Actually those limits are reduced amounts. They were higher before but I can't remember what they were.  I never get anywhere close to the limit.  The bulk of the raises were about 8 years ago when I was doing very heavy travel for work.  Buying first class international tickets and traveling every week.  I got reimbursed by my company so I paid the credit card bills off each month. They kept raising the limits.

 

The past 2 years they cut them down a bit but not too much. I also bank with those 2 banks with the high limits so I think that might help.  No debt, house is almost paid off and very high income.  I get my salary direct deposited into my checking accounts so I believe the banks can see how much I'm making and kept increasing the limits. 

 

I mostly use my AMEX and been happy with them but the annual fee is high at $550 a year.  I agree with some of the other posters. I think banks will continue to decrease credit lines - especially unused lines of credit.  I do use my MC and Visa but typically only when the place doesn't take AMEX.


Yep, the fee on AMEX Platinum is kinda steep, that's why I've stuck with AMEX Gold despite their numerous attempts to upsell me.  If I did a lot more travel it might be worth the larger fee but I don't do enough to justify it.

 

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}