cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's your highest CL and who is the CCC?

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Top feeding continues - but the top is way up there these days.

I would question every AA action, perhaps more that once. At best you'll get something, and at worst you'll get a "NO".

I have to agree with Matt when he says: I'm not gonna bother fighting rate hikes.

It's not worth the effort. I have better ways to spend my time. I've finally reached a point in my life where I don't care what the rates are. I don't pay interest.

Just my 2 cents.

Message 61 of 67
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Feel free not to. I question everything and get results.
Message 62 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

MC issued via HSBC -rewards card: 15,500, but with 11.49% interest [rewards cards are usually higher, i'm told].

Message 63 of 67
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Top feeding continues - but the top is way up there these days.

I would question every AA action, perhaps more that once. At best you'll get something, and at worst you'll get a "NO".

Agree especially rate jacks to 20%.

Message 64 of 67
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

MC issued via HSBC -rewards card: 15,500, but with 11.49% interest [rewards cards are usually higher, i'm told].

This is pretty good for a rewards card.
Message 65 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keystone:

I've had them almost 15 years each.  They steadily kept raising my credit limits over the past several years. Actually those limits are reduced amounts. They were higher before but I can't remember what they were.  I never get anywhere close to the limit.  The bulk of the raises were about 8 years ago when I was doing very heavy travel for work.  Buying first class international tickets and traveling every week.  I got reimbursed by my company so I paid the credit card bills off each month. They kept raising the limits.

The past 2 years they cut them down a bit but not too much. I also bank with those 2 banks with the high limits so I think that might help.  No debt, house is almost paid off and very high income.  I get my salary direct deposited into my checking accounts so I believe the banks can see how much I'm making and kept increasing the limits. 

I mostly use my AMEX and been happy with them but the annual fee is high at $550 a year.  I agree with some of the other posters. I think banks will continue to decrease credit lines - especially unused lines of credit.  I do use my MC and Visa but typically only when the place doesn't take AMEX.

Message 66 of 67
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Keystone:

I've had them almost 15 years each.  They steadily kept raising my credit limits over the past several years. Actually those limits are reduced amounts. They were higher before but I can't remember what they were.  I never get anywhere close to the limit.  The bulk of the raises were about 8 years ago when I was doing very heavy travel for work.  Buying first class international tickets and traveling every week.  I got reimbursed by my company so I paid the credit card bills off each month. They kept raising the limits.

The past 2 years they cut them down a bit but not too much. I also bank with those 2 banks with the high limits so I think that might help.  No debt, house is almost paid off and very high income.  I get my salary direct deposited into my checking accounts so I believe the banks can see how much I'm making and kept increasing the limits. 

I mostly use my AMEX and been happy with them but the annual fee is high at $550 a year.  I agree with some of the other posters. I think banks will continue to decrease credit lines - especially unused lines of credit.  I do use my MC and Visa but typically only when the place doesn't take AMEX.

Yep, the fee on AMEX Platinum is kinda steep, that's why I've stuck with AMEX Gold despite their numerous attempts to upsell me.  If I did a lot more travel it might be worth the larger fee but I don't do enough to justify it.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.