Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: What's your highest Credit Card limit?

Platinum wrote:

It used to be my MBNA Quantum, then Bank of America, which I closed in 2007 at $100,000. As of now AmEx Hilton HHonors at $25,000.

Smiley Surprised Wow.

Established Contributor

Amex gold - 12k or more.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Valued Contributor

$100k CL?  You win.  Thread over.  Smiley Surprised

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

ptr2593 wrote:

$100k CL?  You win.  Thread over.  Smiley Surprised

I don't have it any more. I was in real estate business during booming years and I made some good $$$. When the party was over I knew this credit limit was not sustainable, so I called them and closed it.

Contributor

@ Platinum: Not sustainable how? What would it hurt to keep it open unless you were worried that you'd use that full credit limit?
Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
Current: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Goal: All 3 above 700

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Creditdreamer wrote:
@ Platinum: Not sustainable how? What would it hurt to keep it open unless you were worried that you'd use that full credit limit?

I quit real estate and had no income for while. I knew if they call and ask for the verification of income that I would not be able to satisfy their criteria to keep such large credit limit so I decided to close it. I kept some other cards at much lower and more realistic limit.

Contributor

@ Platinum: With such a high credit limit, did they do income verification often? I didn't know they did that once you had the card and the CL. Thought that was only when apping or requesting CLI.

Frequent Contributor

Creditdreamer,
They did once when I was able to prove it. I did not feel like I should wait until they ask again.
Highlighted
Contributor

@ Platinum: Smart. Thanks for the info!

Community Leader
Established Contributor

CU Visa=15K

Lowe's = 10K

Sam's Discover 10K(closed)

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: 773 EQ(DCU), 757 TU(Barclay), 788 EX(Credit.com)
Goal Score:760 X 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.