cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your highest Credit Card limit?

tag
nickerson
Established Member

Re: What's your highest Credit Card limit?

$24,000 on AMEX BCE, I just asked for a cli, we'll see if I have to verify income

AMEX BCE $25,000 | CSP $12,000 | Sallie Mae $10,000 | USAA Platinum $7,000 | Discover IT $5,850 | Citi Double Cash $5,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000
Message 141 of 245
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

$35k. Amex BC. 

Message 142 of 245
bossladymom
Regular Contributor

Wow I hope to get limits as high as some of yours one day!

Current score: 693 (Citibank) NFCU CashRewards $14,000/ BOA RC Visa $5,000/NavCheck $13,000/Home Depot $4,620/ AMEX Delta Gold $2,500/Citi $2,000/ Merrick Bank $1,200/ Macy's $1,200/Amazon $900/Capital One $450/Kohl's $700/RoomPlace $2,500/ Old Navy $200
Message 143 of 245
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@bossladymom wrote:

Wow I hope to get limits as high as some of yours one day!

You will! Hard works pays off! Do not stop until you've reached your goals. 

3 years ago I was denied for a Citi Student Dividend CC lol

Message 144 of 245
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, this is my first post on here.

A few weeks ago I applied for the Platinum Visa from NFCU and they approved me for 17k, much to my amazement. Together with the overdraft line of credit I opened the same day, it more than doubled my available credit. Needless to say, I've discovered the wonders of banking with a credit union. 

Other cards include the USAA Platinum Mastercard @ 6k, Amex BCP @ 7k, Amex Platinum (NPSL), STAR Card @ 2.5k, and the NFCU CashRewards Visa at 1k.

Message 145 of 245
petarap
Regular Contributor

$19,800 Amex BCE

____________________________________________________________________________________
Recent Scores: 758 Walmart TU 8/2/2015, Amex FICO EX 777 Aug 2015
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMEX BCE $19,800, Chase Sapphire Preferred $18,000, Chase Freedom $17,000
Macy's Amex $6,000, Barclay's Arrival+ $5,000, Walmart Card $4,500, Capital One QS $2,500,
Capital One QS $2,250, BOA Travel Rewards Visa $2000, Sears Citi MC $1,000
Message 146 of 245
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had our AMEX gold card with no pre-set spending limit up to about $125,000 before. AMEX told me that your spending limit for the current month is one and a half times what you spent last month/ or on average. On the first month I got the card years ago they did shut down the account until I sent over a copy of my drivers license, proof of income / tax return / business documents / etc and then the card was back on within a few days. They will call you once in a while and ask for a payment, not sure why because everytime they have ever called requesting a payment my balance was always low.... but they have never called and ask for a payment when the balance was up near $75k+. One trick I learned with the card was if you have a big purchase and arent sure if they will approve the transaction, split it into 2 different transaction and have the store/merchant run them back to back and they will always go through.... this will save you from having to call them everytime to warn them about a big purchase. I have been very satisfied with AMEX and would suggest anybody who needs major purchasing power to have an AMEX in their wallet. They keep bugging me about switching to the Platinum card they have but it wont offer me many additional benefits so theres no point in paying the outragious $450 annual fee when the gold card is only $175 i think. I dont see why people have 5-6 different AMEX cards, they must like throwing money away on annual fees. I did used to have a amex blue card with a $25k limit (no annual fee) but when I started using the amex gold card and racking up $100k+ in monthly charges they lowered the limit on the amex blue card to $500, yes I did say five hundred dollars! So I had them just close that account. So beware of them lowering other credit limits because of using another card.

I just applied and received my new Citi Bank Double Cash back card in the mail this week so I will probably start using that for most of my purchaes so I earn the 2% cash back. On the Amex gold when I spent $1 million dollars the 1,000,000 points would only be worth $5,000 statement credit, but with the citi bank double cash I would have earned $20,000 cash back on that same $1 million dollars in purchases. Even if you use the amex points for a gift card, it takes 60,000 points to get a $500 gift card, but I would get $1,200 cash for spending the same $60,000 it took me to earn the 60,000 points with amex. Another added bonus, the citi double cash has to annual fee!

Message 147 of 245
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Sw card and Ebates tied at 5k
Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 148 of 245
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had our AMEX gold card with no pre-set spending limit up to about $125,000 before. AMEX told me that your spending limit for the current month is one and a half times what you spent last month/ or on average. On the first month I got the card years ago they did shut down the account until I sent over a copy of my drivers license, proof of income / tax return / business documents / etc and then the card was back on within a few days. They will call you once in a while and ask for a payment, not sure why because everytime they have ever called requesting a payment my balance was always low.... but they have never called and ask for a payment when the balance was up near $75k+. One trick I learned with the card was if you have a big purchase and arent sure if they will approve the transaction, split it into 2 different transaction and have the store/merchant run them back to back and they will always go through.... this will save you from having to call them everytime to warn them about a big purchase. I have been very satisfied with AMEX and would suggest anybody who needs major purchasing power to have an AMEX in their wallet. They keep bugging me about switching to the Platinum card they have but it wont offer me many additional benefits so theres no point in paying the outragious $450 annual fee when the gold card is only $175 i think. I dont see why people have 5-6 different AMEX cards, they must like throwing money away on annual fees. I did used to have a amex blue card with a $25k limit (no annual fee) but when I started using the amex gold card and racking up $100k+ in monthly charges they lowered the limit on the amex blue card to $500, yes I did say five hundred dollars! So I had them just close that account. So beware of them lowering other credit limits because of using another card.

I just applied and received my new Citi Bank Double Cash back card in the mail this week so I will probably start using that for most of my purchaes so I earn the 2% cash back. On the Amex gold when I spent $1 million dollars the 1,000,000 points would only be worth $5,000 statement credit, but with the citi bank double cash I would have earned $20,000 cash back on that same $1 million dollars in purchases. Even if you use the amex points for a gift card, it takes 60,000 points to get a $500 gift card, but I would get $1,200 cash for spending the same $60,000 it took me to earn the 60,000 points with amex. Another added bonus, the citi double cash has to annual fee!

Right, but just another example that the point of the MR program is not to use for statement credit, gift cards, merchandise, it's to transfer to travel partners.   If that's not possible/desireable, then, as you have done, look for another card for rewards 

Message 149 of 245
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you had an Amex Gold (PRG) for that long and used that much money and paid that much annual fees just to get statement credit at a 2:1, I'm not sure why you didn't just open like an Amex BCE with no annual fee and 1% cash back. Or Capital One Quicksilver which is 1.5% cash back no AF, no FTF. Or Fidelity Amex 2% cash back uncapped. Or any random credit card out there with no annual fee and just a regular 1% cash back not some Amex charge card that essentially yielded 0.5%...

At least it's good that you switched to Citi DC now.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 150 of 245
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.