cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your highest Credit Card limit?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: What's your highest Credit Card limit?

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Its just my Barclays NFL card....3000 CL

I'd love that particular card and CL..............jealous!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 61 of 245
Open123
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Just recently, Chase CSP started me out with 22.5K.

Like most, all I need is about $5k per card, which is more than enough on a given month.  Most cards with too high a limit, I'll request a CLD just to keep from hitting the declined for "too much open credit" reason.

Thats still an awesome CL and Chase feels so comfortable giving it to you!

I don't think it's me.  I think Chase is under some pressure to hit some quotas for Q1.  

I've noticed they've become much more lenient with recent approvals and generous with initial CLs.  There were several who were applying with me at the same time, and the lowest CL offered was $18.5K.

So, I'm not sure what's going on.  I'll wager that if anyone has an AmEx revolver, Chase will approve with at least 20% over the AmEx CL.  They did that with our business accounts too.

Message 62 of 245
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Just recently, Chase CSP started me out with 22.5K.

Like most, all I need is about $5k per card, which is more than enough on a given month.  Most cards with too high a limit, I'll request a CLD just to keep from hitting the declined for "too much open credit" reason.

Thats still an awesome CL and Chase feels so comfortable giving it to you!

I don't think it's me.  I think Chase is under some pressure to hit some quotas for Q1.  

I've noticed they've become much more lenient with recent approvals and generous with initial CLs.  There were several who were applying with me at the same time, and the lowest CL offered was $18.5K.

So, I'm not sure what's going on.  I'll wager that if anyone has an AmEx revolver, Chase will approve with at least 20% over the AmEx CL.  They did that with out business accounts too.

Trying to steal business from AMEX.................hmm.....Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 63 of 245
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

6000 AMEX Blue

4000 TigerDirect prefered

4000  HomeDepot  CITI

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 64 of 245
Smug
Established Contributor

10k NFCU 6.5K barcays 5k PSECU
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 65 of 245
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

NFCU & DCUSmiley Happy

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 66 of 245
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tubesock wrote:

NFCU & DCUSmiley Happy

Very nice!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 67 of 245
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@anybodii wrote:

I guess I couldn't really speak for every car dealer. I wonder if they would have offered a special deal either, why not just pass the savings off to you directly? I've seen a few used dealers put ads for allowing you to use your credit card, but most are shady dealers. I wonder what a chargeback would be like on that...

If they take credit cards they can take for the full purchase price, they just have to be motivated to do so. 

No don't expect any special treatment Car Dealerships HATE CASH, and they probably hate credit cards even more, sure they will do it to make the downpayment that gets them a better APR from lenders (but that only pads there bottom line), and safer than checks they don't want to let the mark (purchaser) off the lot without a car. They make a lot of money off financing of cars, they get 1-2% of the purchase price they don't even work very hard to get more. If they up your APR in the process they can make 2-3% more without a problem. If you use a credit card you are stealing there lunch, by cutting out the loan kickbacks and then making the dealership pay for the transaction fee of up to 3%. 

My dad bought a car earlier this year, all cash purchase, you would think that this would make a smooth transaction, nope. Had to walk away 3 different times to get anywhere near decent deal seemed like the dealership didn't even care we were paying cash they did everything possible to not make the sell, Went to 2 other dealers and was treated the same or worse. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 68 of 245
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - 10,000. I wanted to see if I could get to 25,000 but the increase button seems to be broken Smiley Sad

@Open123 wrote:

So, I'm not sure what's going on.  I'll wager that if anyone has an AmEx revolver, Chase will approve with at least 20% over the AmEx CL.  They did that with our business accounts too.

They had no problem telling me they wanted me to move some credit from the Chase Freedom (3000) I have to be approved. Even then I would only get 5000 for the Sapphire Preferred. My history is young though so that could be it

@jamesdwi wrote:

If they take credit cards they can take for the full purchase price, they just have to be motivated to do so. 

No don't expect any special treatment Car Dealerships HATE CASH,

My dad bought a car earlier this year, all cash purchase, you would think that this would make a smooth transaction, nope. Had to walk away 3 different times to get anywhere near decent deal seemed like the dealership didn't even care we were paying cash they did everything possible to not make the sell, Went to 2 other dealers and was treated the same or worse. 

I do not know how much the vehicle cost, but if a transaction involves more than 10,000 of cash then a business (or individual?) must submit a form 8300 to the Internal Revenue Service. It is a minor annoyance so that is probably another reason, besides the financing, that they did not want to take it.

Message 69 of 245
marty56
Super Contributor

Less then what I had back in my subprime days with 70k+ of CC debt.  All a mater of prospective.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 70 of 245
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.