cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your lowest/highest APR on your CC's?

tag
Runitup
Regular Contributor

Re: What's your lowest/highest APR on your CC's?

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

Chase Freedom: 8.99%

Cap 1 Platinum MC (Soon to be QS): 14.99%

Wow..how did you get that Freedom so low ? 

Good question.  I've been with them since 99'.  Had a mortgage with them in 08'.  Have always used them, always PIF (unless they were giving $0 fee BTs), etc.  Never really paid much attention to the APR since I do PIF.  Never called them for an APR reduction.  It was a surprise to me too.

Chase has been tough with me on CLs.  Two years ago I was at $21k, then I started using BTs as cash and util went way up.  They busted me down to $16k and now $14k where I stand now.  BoA, on the other hand, during the same time period raised my CLs to $21k.  Always appreciate BoA for that.  

Message 51 of 83
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Lowest: 11.65% on NFCU CashRewards Visa

Highest: 19.99% on Citi Dividend (initial APR which Citi refuses to lower).

Message 52 of 83
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Runitup wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

Chase Freedom: 8.99%

Cap 1 Platinum MC (Soon to be QS): 14.99%

Wow..how did you get that Freedom so low ? 

Good question.  I've been with them since 99'.  Had a mortgage with them in 08'.  Have always used them, always PIF (unless they were giving $0 fee BTs), etc.  Never really paid much attention to the APR since I do PIF.  Never called them for an APR reduction.  It was a surprise to me too.

Chase has been tough with me on CLs.  Two years ago I was at $21k, then I started using BTs as cash and util went way up.  They busted me down to $16k and now $14k where I stand now.  BoA, on the other hand, during the same time period raised my CLs to $21k.  Always appreciate BoA for that.  

Thanks. Very interesting ....so there is hope that maybe one day Chase will move my APR in the direction of BofA ..lol..wishful thinking ..and just curious when this will happen if it ever happens 😉

Message 53 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't think I've ever heard of Chase doing an APR reduction. I posted a thread about them and APR a couple weeks ago. Pretty much whatever you get when you apply is what you are stuck with from what I've heard.

Message 54 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom 11.99

Quicksilver 17.99

Message 55 of 83
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Does Capital One give ANYONE a Quicksilver under 20% APR? It seems like even those with high scores have APR's above 20%!

Yes, apparently. But it is hard to get. There are some that recommend getting a Cap1 Platinum Prestige for the Low APR and then PC to a QS WMC.

Mine is 14.15%, and has been for years.

As for the rest, lowest is Discover at 3.99%, next highest is Citibank Universal at 11%. Highest is Barclay Rewards at 24.99% and my store cards.

Message 56 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that 3.99% a promo rate?
Message 57 of 83
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

8.79 on a CU card, 28.99 on a store card. I get offers all the time from one bank to transfer balance to them at 5.99 fixed until its paid off.

Message 58 of 83
EW800
Valued Contributor

Outside of any 0% promo deals I have, my lowest is 9.9% with Capital One.  My highest is Barclay at 24.99%, so lord willing I will never have a balance with them.  Thankfully, I have had zero credit card debt for nearly a year and have not paid a dime of interest during this time.  Hoping to keep it that way...

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 59 of 83
hot4u
Established Contributor

PenFed 7.49% Smiley Wink

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 60 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.