Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your next card for 2017?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's your next card for 2017?

@driftless wrote:

For me, it is not about what card to add but which card to cancel. I am loyal to Cap One but I am seriously annoyed with their tight fraud system which trips and denies legitimate charges on a regular basis. Amex is a trooper but it is clearly a secondary card in terms of redeeming points for our travel needs. Also, I never know if I can trust it as I don't know my limits; however, no problems so far.

Which bank would you pick as the secondary bank to Chase?  I am leaning towards Amex putting recurring charges on Cap One.  

Pick something Chase doesn't do well.  For me that's money transfers, hence I use USAA.

Edit: actually there's a potentially interesting thread running over in Personal Finance around this with good information on a number of places so far:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/which-bank-cu-would-you-use-and-why/m-p/4820164#U48...

        
Message 91 of 120
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@negg wrote:

None. I'm currently happy with my wallet and the lack of inquiries on my report.  I will not be app' for any type of loans/cc/or any other thing that requires a pull.  

Ditto, although my wish is for Citi to allow translating Anywhere cash back into ThankYou points.

Message 92 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

The only card I want is a BoA BBR. Waiting for the prequal. 

You could always cold app for it. Does BoA do prequals for BBR?

Message 93 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Poppa wrote:

The only card I want is a BoA BBR. Waiting for the prequal. 

You could always cold app for it. Does BoA do prequals for BBR?

They do have a prequal for their customers at least. But it's not something real. I got denied despite the prequal passed me. Good luck and have a promising year beyond just cards!

Message 94 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

get the OLD blue cash !

Message 95 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

get the OLD blue cash !

Can you still get the OLD blue cash? But how?

Update: I just saw your another post...

Message 96 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i will app for an Amex card in Nov 2017.
Message 97 of 120
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I went on an app spree when I found out Salie Mae was going to kick the bucket this last month. Smiley Very Happy I got the Target Red to cover Target expenses, amazon prime to cover amazon, Penfed to cover gas and Golden 1 to cover Walmart. I also got an Ebates card just because I shop and use their portal a lot. No more apps for me!! I never had so many inquries before until I came here. Smiley Very Happy Happy apps and Holidays everyone!!!

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 98 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to get CSP or AmEX

Message 99 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

2016 was a very good year: adding 6 new cards that I'm loving so far!

I'm pretty much in the garden until mortgage time, but will come out of the garden for the USAA Limitless card. At which time I will also app for their Rate Advantage card. Then it's back to the garden.

Message 100 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.