Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your next card for 2017?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What's your next card for 2017?

Hopefully nothing, as I don't need any more.
Message 31 of 120
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Hopefully nothing, as I don't need any more.

Same here.  I'm good to go for the near future.  

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 32 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

None- I don't need anymore!

Message 33 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna chill for January, then get my DW on the Chase Sapphire Reserve gravy train around February or so to coincide with some travel spend and to game the annual travel credit so that she earns for 2017 and 2018 on a single annual fee. That probably comes first in terms of meeting spend requirements.

I'm eyeing the Chase United card again once they start offering the 50K bonus again (they usually do it twice a year or so) and maybe Chase Marriott again as well if the deal is right. Also strongly considering the Amex SPG before it goes away due to Marriott merger.

Can you tell I like Chase? Hahaha
Message 34 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a Sallie Mae owner, but I'll contribute my plans. 

When my inquiries drop off in July I plan to apply for the CSR, then I may app for the Freedom Ulimited if there is an enhanced sign-up bonus available.  If not, perhaps Venture.  I'm also curious about BCP since it may amount to a little more benefit for our household despite the annual fee.  But I plan to only get two cards a year from here on out. 

I plan to product change my AMEX Gold card to the Green card for the lower annual fee.  Just literally get nothing out of it and I'm tired of the high fee.  Will also look to product change my Aviator Red and Arrival+ [if I get Venture or Freedom Unlimited] to cards with no annual fee.  This past year I tried to product change the Aviator Red and they then offered me a free year so I took it. 

Message 35 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the garden until probably mid-2017, of course I say that now! My credit history is only 14 months old and I already have 4 cards, but I'm definitely happy with what I have now. I got the JetBlue card in August, which filled my need for a high limit card and a Visa/MasterCard. I travel a lot so AmEx only gets me so far.

The next card I want is the Capital One Quicksilver. I want it in my wallet! So far, despite my clean report, I've only been able to get approved for co-branded cards...which is fine since I travel a lot, but I would like to get my foot in the door with regular bank cards. The QS appeals to me the most out of all the cash back cards. But I'll probably wait another 6 months or so before applying...unless I get a pre-approval offer.

Message 36 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just one? Hahaha, right. xD But seriously, I wish it was just one or none that I wanted, but 2017 needs to be the temporary finishing touch to my list so that I can let my profile rest and age. Right now, and only because of 5/24 and similar, my very next application will be for the Chase Ink Preferred (unless I see something I like better). I've just formed my first business and aim to make full use of this business card! In fact, I've a small but expensive list of items to procure next year, and I wish I could have tried for the Ink a few months ago, but I wasn't ready. Consequently, business related purchases are having to be made on my personal cards - no problem, but not ideal. Now, on the flip side, I'll be axing three cards (signature) next year, not long after they report at $0, leaving me with three personal and one business card(s).

I appreciate the insight I gain from being able to read what you fellow FICOers have planned. Moosh! Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 120
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to briefly say many thanks and much appreciation for your very kind words jfriend, re. your earlier post in the thread!  Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have enough cards as well. Just closed a Citi AA card, and will let my profile ages more for the year to come. 

Appreciate the insights and helps from FICOers here. Happy holidays!

Message 39 of 120
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The next card I want is the Capital One Quicksilver. I want it in my wallet! So far, despite my clean report, I've only been able to get approved for co-branded cards...which is fine since I travel a lot, but I would like to get my foot in the door with regular bank cards. The QS appeals to me the most out of all the cash back cards. But I'll probably wait another 6 months or so before applying...unless I get a pre-approval offer.

Isn't that a Cap1 Plat in your sig?  If you've had that more than two months you should be able to PC that into a QS.  At least that's what they did with mine in April.

I just got a Citi DC, Amazon and Chase FU.  So in the coming year I'm really only interested in an Amex BCE and a Discover, maybe by the middle of the year I'll have one or the other.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 40 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.