Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your oldest CC

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

What's your oldest CC

Synchrony Bank Chevron card which is over 33 years old.  It's my lowest CL but it's my precious, my precious.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: What's your oldest CC

Currently it is an NFCU card issued in 1987.  It has been product changed at least twice by NFCU over the years.  I recently closed an Exxon card issued in 1974 back when gas cards were a big deal.  Gas cards are pretty useless nowadays.  I also recently closed a PenFed card issued in 1993.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

2.5 years, because for over a decade all I had was a local CU CC and they closed it down on me, forcing me to get another card 2.5 years ago.  At the time the card was about 14 years old and was my oldest account.  This is a major reason why I never recommend anyone have just 1 credit card and why I never will put all my eggs in one basket again.

Message 3 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

In less than two months, My Capital One Venture One World MasterCard will be 20. My first and oldest credit card. 

Message 4 of 51
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2.5 years, because for over a decade all I had was a local CU CC and they closed it down on me, forcing me to get another card 2.5 years ago.  At the time the card was about 14 years old and was my oldest account.  This is a major reason why I never recommend anyone have just 1 credit card and why I never will put all my eggs in one basket again.

My first card was a local CU CC and it will be 4 years old in March 2018...

Saw the first CLI (was an auto-cli) on it for 1500 this month....

Message 5 of 51
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

2 year old JcPenny(3 in Feb ) , oh yeah, im the proud poppa of a toddlerSmiley Happy *bk humbles you for rizzleSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 51
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

30 year old JC Penney which was my very first credit card. Definitely helps pad my AAOA which is 10 years 8 months

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 51
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Still in my draw.

Citi Card 1.jpg

Message 8 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Thanks to the wonders of backdating, my oldest cards are 4 Amex (one closed) dated to various months in 1987.

Message 9 of 51
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Freedom at 4 years.

I was a debit guy in college. A bit disorganized, though. Had I been using credit cards, I probably would have had a few lates tbh.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.