Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your oldest CC

tag
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's your oldest CC

A US Bank Cash Rewards Visa, six years this month, pc'd to Cash +.  Back-dated Am Ex: '96.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 21 of 51
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Still in my draw.

[ancient relic]

OMG I had one of those in college.  In a former life...

I'm kinda glad that I paid Citi and Amex back all that I owed them despite getting in over my head with both of them.  They're my two favorite issuers today.

It is kinda weird how my Amex cards are less than a year old, along with almost all my other cards, but they say "member since 92" on them.

Message 22 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

My first CapOne platinum card and JCPenney card when I got when I turned 18 which I still have at 13+ years and counting. Woo, that makes me feel kind of old typing that out...

Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shell gas card - 21 years old.

Message 24 of 51
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

JC Penney— 32 years old.

Message 25 of 51
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

B of A card, dob fall 1998. The only card I didn't mess up when young & dumb. I paid it off completely and eventually closed the account. The card falls off  my reports in May 2018 and I'm very sad. 🙁

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 26 of 51
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

AmEx Original Optima that I keep only because of its age, I have no use for branded AmEx cards (long story I've told before on here). I run a few hundred through this card every year and it carries a 9% APR - dated 1978. 

Message 27 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover. It's my oldest open account at 8yrs now. 

Message 28 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest card is a 1993 model from Chase. I don't know what the card was called originally (just "Chase Visa"?), but somewhere along the way Chase basically product changed it into a Freedom for me. 

I've been through a lot with that card. Still gets a spot in my purse and sees plenty of use. 

Message 29 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oldest open tradeline is a 6 year old Cap1 QS that started as a $200 credit steps plat in 2011.

Oldest reporting tradeline is a 12 year old "visa classic" from 2005. Was my first actual credit card from a small San Diego CU
Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.