Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your top earning rewards card?

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

What's your top earning rewards card?

Well, I am two days away from the one year anniversary of my top-usage/top earning rewards card...The Spark. Counting some bonuses earned through Perk Central, I have made almost $2800 in cash back. Is that the top earning PERCENTAGE on spending? No. That award would go to either the Chase Ink or US Bank Cash + since I mainly use those cards for 5% categories. Of those two, the US Bank Cash + comes in a close second in total cash back so far with about $2200-2300. Of course, I got that card in July '12 so it hasn't been a year yet but I doubt I'll match the Spark over the next 30-40 days til my anniversay date since they dropped my beloved Bill Pay from the 5% categories. Had Bill Pay stayed on, I would have gone over $3000 by the one year mark. Oh well. 

But I'll tell ya, for coming so close to the Spark, it didn't take the Cash + anywhere near as much spending to accomplish that total. What a card that was during it's inaugural phase! Thanks US Bank! But all good things must eventually come to an end. 

So, Spark wins it. And will probably continue to going forward barring some new card offer to dethrone it. US Bank has already faded and will continue to.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: What's your top earning rewards card?

My top earning is my PenFed card, I've earned $59 in rewards since the beginning of the year.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 3
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: What's your top earning rewards card?

My United Club is my workhorse card. Last year I earned about 120k UA miles just from spending, and at a value of 2 cpm that equates to $2400.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.