Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What score did you have for Amex CLI?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: What score did you have for Amex CLI? - UPDATED

@JusdoNit wrote:

Seems like scores over 720, but most likely over 700 for their revolvers.  Amex likes balances only on one card at the time of app and the utilization should be below 9% on the one card that is reporting a balance. 

Also, they don't care for inquiries.  They also use their own scoring which can score you several points below FICO.  They tend to pull all three reports and use the lowest one to begin basing their criteria on.

This has been my experience with them and some of the info I got after my last denial.

Hope this helps, but if not tossSmiley Wink

FRom  what I have read here it's a SP but only on one report.

Message 41 of 43
Trigga
Regular Contributor

@lovely222 wrote:

@Trigga wrote:

I know this is a bit off topic but what  score is even needed to apply for a Amexcard of any sort and have a shot at approval . I have the darn prepaid being mailed to me just to see if this will help at all to try and get in with Amex . Not sure if it realy will but cant hurt and doesnt cost me anything ethier way !

I agree with JustDoinIt that the scores should be above 700. But you can search through the forums to find the link to see if you are pre-approved for any Amex cards. I would start there, bc at least there is likely a higher chance of success if you are currently pre-approved. 

I currently have balances on about 5 cards reporting and utilization overall at around 14%. But I've had my Amex card for 5 years and have had a very good history with them, although I haven't used it at all in recent months. 

Thanks for the info .

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 42 of 43
lovely222
Regular Contributor

You are so welcome!!! Smiley Happy

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.