cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What score/profile need for Simmons First?

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: What score/profile need for Simmons First?

@Agent86 wrote:
Also, Any word on their generosity with credit lines?

From www.whogavemecredit.com as well as the "database" of the site of which we may not speak , looks like the lowest scores for approval are right around 770, they seem to like TU pulls and they are stingy with their CL...average CL looks to be around $3K.

Simmons First seems to be more of a stickler for documentation than IberiaBank was for me.  Even though the email I got from IberiaBank said they needed it, when I called in to confirm the fax number, they (IberiaBank) told me that I didn't need to send, that I was instantly approved for $8K.  I felt that was rather generous.  Dunno if I'd be as successful with Simmons First, but at this point, I don't need/want them (regardless of the MyFICO popups! Smiley Frustrated  )

Message 11 of 19
GuyInFlorida
Valued Member

Why bother? 

The big banks offer more with their "prime cards".  10k Limit? I see people with 700 scores (not 800) with comparable credit lines from Chase, Citi, AMEX, Discover, etc etc

Why waste the time?

Message 12 of 19
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@GuyInFlorida wrote:

Why bother? 

The big banks offer more with their "prime cards".  10k Limit? I see people with 700 scores (not 800) with comparable credit lines from Chase, Citi, AMEX, Discover, etc etc

Why waste the time?

The Thrill of the Hunt???  Smiley Wink

Seriously, it's not one of the premier rewards cards, but it IS a card with low APR for purchases and balance transfers; 7.25% for their Platinum Visa.  For some, that's a desireable card. 

Message 13 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@GuyInFlorida wrote:

Why bother? 

Why waste the time?

Seriously, it's not one of the premier rewards cards, but it IS a card with low APR for purchases and balance transfers; 7.25% for their Platinum Visa.  For some, that's a desireable card. 

+1. This is exactly it. It's essentially a personal loan on-demand, given it's continuously low APR. You're not reliant on a limited time balance transfer option good for only 18 months, etc. For some people, just knowing it's there if needed is worth it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
I wouldn't bother applying if you don't have a perfectly clean file and a FICO at or near 800. They will also ask for proof of income and employment. Should you be approved, a CL of 8-12k would be all you can realistically expect.

What in the heck does this lender think it is, anyway. Near 800 FICO...proof of income...proof of employment...who needs them?Smiley LOL

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 15 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@b_seeker wrote:

@Agent86 wrote:
Also, Any word on their generosity with credit lines?

I didn't see anyone go in depth with this, but, unless policy changed, they need a bunch of documentation to even go above 10K so they aren't that generous. Honestly, I don't see it to be worth the time to deal with all their hoops. They have a low APR, sure, but if you are good enough to qualify for this card, you can probably find a better card with comparable APR. 

I agree with you...there are plenty more "prestigious" cards that don't make you jump through so many hoops. Even when I get to 800 I won't be apping with this lender. Who needs them?

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 16 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@GuyInFlorida wrote:

Why bother? 

Why waste the time?

+1...totally agree!

Message 17 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@GuyInFlorida wrote:

Why bother? 

Why waste the time?

+1. This is exactly it. It's essentially a personal loan on-demand, given it's continuously low APR. You're not reliant on a limited time balance transfer option good for only 18 months, etc. For some people, just knowing it's there if needed is worth it.

+2

Every individual has their own goals and preference to specific products.  One may say "who needs them" - guess what?  There IS a market for that product.  So, if folks want to pursue the Simmons First card then there's obviously a benefit to those individuals.  The charge/credit card market is NOT limited to just cash and points rewards for some.

Message 18 of 19
Petraeus
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I thought I seen high 700s get approved here.....

yes sir. I am in the 700s and was approved for the card. Clean CRs, proof of employment and salary consistency is all they care about.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.