Moderator Emerita

Re: What score/ stats needed for CSP?

@youngandcreditwrthy

I know! I am looking at it again and it says :

'scoring system name: application score
source : Chase Bank, NA
Range of scores: from a low of 100 to a high of 990

Wth, 100?

Edit: the other range was from my denial letter.
Message 11 of 28
colindidit
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
They do look at score, I know; however, that is just one of many factors they look at. They have some type of Vantage score ime. In the past six months, I have opened three new accounts :-/ lol
Opened Amex/Discover in October (after april, 6 mos will be up) and then Citi in February.
Citi pulled my Eq report THREE TIMES, which Im currently disputing and will continue to do so until they remove it; there is no damn reason they should have pulled my report three times especially when I only permitted them, in writing, to perform a soft pull on recon.
So... In 6 months, I only have like 1 inq on Exp (Amex), 1 on TU (Amex) and five on eq ( Amex, Discover, and three Citi hards).

Same stuff happened to me with chase last year...I applied and gave them permission for one pull and they pulled 3 on my TU 6 days apart...I'd dispute it but they are all falling off in may...but its annoying to have 3 HP's for one card

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 12 of 28
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

You can go to Chase and try the preapproval link. See is CSP shows up as one of the cards they would preapprove you for.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 13 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I never get preapprovals:-/ lol I opted out when I turned 18 to prevent myself from accruing cc debt.
I have opted back in, but I still never get pre approvals lol....
Well, I did get a great offer from BBVA Compass lol but I didnt get that card haha.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Omg!@navigate this- Citi did the same thing to me!!!
They said my phone number on my report didn't match my CR and that there was a "fraud alert"

There wasn't a fraud alert, and the number on my report was the number they had been calling me on!!! I actually called them very frustrated and asked what the heck they were even talking about!!! Well, as a resident of Texas, I can call and request their method of verification... If I am not satisfied, I will dispute it again!!!! The reason why it's irritating is because that third inquiry dropped my EQ FICO like 12 points all by itself!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

MInimums:

680 FICO (stupid internal Chase approval score)

1 year on a tradeline

35k+ income

Higher / longer / more respectively are better in all cases, but that's about the individual minimums I've seen; however, I would suggest that running right on the ragged edge of all three quite likely would lead to a denial.  YMMV in all cases.

        
Message 16 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Sooooo.......  Are you going to apply?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 17 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol Im waiting haha. I can't spook any of my other creditors at this point.
Message 18 of 28
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Probably the best move but its so hard not to app! lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 19 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I know! It really is. I'll be down to 3-4 inqs per report by Sept too!! So that should help my chances lol. I'm really trying to firmly break through the 700 to maybe 720-750 so that when I do app lol... I wont go below 700
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.