Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What scores do you need for Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What scores do you need for Chase?

I keep seeing people on here luvin Chase.  What scores do you need?  They show me NO LUV at all!  I've had a $200 CL CC with them for 2.5 years and have asked for increases and they deny me all due to one $62 medical baddie on my CR.

Should I just apply for a different one?  Any recommendations based off below scores?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What scores do you need for Chase?

@Anonymous wrote:

I keep seeing people on here luvin Chase.  What scores do you need?  They show me NO LUV at all!  I've had a $200 CL CC with them for 2.5 years and have asked for increases and they deny me all due to one $62 medical baddie on my CR.

Should I just apply for a different one?  Any recommendations based off below scores?

Contact them via the online messanger. Just ask them for reconsideration for a CLI.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would still suggest a reconsider via messager even though I was just turned down for a Chase Signature card and a CLI on my current crappy $200 CL card?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the very low 700 when i was approved
Message 4 of 14
voidman
Established Contributor

My score was in 710ish when I got approved for Chase Freedom... i guess they checked TU which had few and old inquires.

Also my Credit history was 10 months old... Got a CL of 2600. I expected more... my Higest CL before Chase was Wamu with 4k.... But i guess now it will work out well for me when they convert or merge my 2 CCs some time in the future.

-void
Message 5 of 14
notmyname
Regular Contributor

The "baddie" no doubt is a problem but your scores are the big problem . Look for the official description of your scores on MyFico. They are below average.

NMN

Message 6 of 14
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

If the medical baddie is holding you down - you might want to head over to the credit rebuilding forum on this site.  Check out the HIPAA process, you may be able to get that collection removed from your report!  GL!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it was my scores - I'm not that credit clueless.  I just have seen people on here with worse scores than mine getting approved for Chase cards.  I have paid the medical baddie and it's been paid for at least 2 or 3 years, but the company won't remove it.  I've written the credit bureaus, but they just will only show I paid it.  Thanks for help.
Message 8 of 14
notmyname
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I figured it was my scores - I'm not that credit clueless.  I just have seen people on here with worse scores than mine getting approved for Chase cards.  I have paid the medical baddie and it's been paid for at least 2 or 3 years, but the company won't remove it.  I've written the credit bureaus, but they just will only show I paid it.  Thanks for help.

I bet the approvals you have seen were not approved in the past two weeks. Things are chaning fast. I have two new card from August and I feel if I had applied two weeks later I would'nt have gotten them.

Good luck trying anyway. In your situation when the first acct. opens to you , others always follow.

NMN

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least you got a Chase card. I am stuck with two secured cards and an auto loan and can't get any love from anybody.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.