cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What scores need to qualify for a Target red card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What scores need to qualify for a Target red card?

I have seen this before but cannot remember. What do scores need to be before approval? Don't want the inquiry if it won't do any good.

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 11-11-2007 03:42 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What scores need to qualify for a Target red card?

I just received my card.  Scores TU (626), Eq (606), Ex (619).  Approved for the Visa at $500 limit. Hopefully, after a few months that cl will go up.  I've read on the forum 3 months does the trick!  Good luck!
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

smooshiesmom wrote:
I have seen this before but cannot remember. What do scores need to be before approval? Don't want the inquiry if it won't do any good.

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 11-11-2007 03:42 PM

I believe you need mid to high 500s for the store card. I also  know that if you use a debit card at the register, and your scores are good enough, Target will give a pre-approval offer. I don't know how that affects inquiries.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

510 or above is fine.They pull EQ in PA.

Message 4 of 6
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I had 650 score and I got denied for both cards so I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.

Message Edited by dallasjetfan on 11-11-2007 05:52 PM
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallasjetfan wrote:
I had 650 score and I got denied for both cards so I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.

Message Edited by dallasjetfan on 11-11-2007 05:52 PM

Yikes.  As if you want their stupid apr anyway. Which is like 28 percent.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.