cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What scrores are needed to get a discover card now a days?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What scrores are needed to get a discover card now a days?

What scores are needed to get discover card now a days? It is one card I dont have and I am curious what is the approval criteria for it. I am going to wait till next march before apply for it. All my new accounts turns 1 year old by Dec 31, 2009 and most of my inq's would turn 1 year old by next march.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What scrores are needed to get a discover card now a days?

I have read posts of recent approvals ranging from 680ish to 700plus.

They seem to be very sensitive to recent inquiries and accounts, as well as higher utilization.

This is a summary of my findings on the subject. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1.  I was thinking of app'ing for a Discover More card, but am waiting for four INQs to fall off EX in Oct.
Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I applied for it 2-3 times in the last couple of years. Always declined. Last time when I apped they pulled TU and my scores were at 715 and still decline. I am not going to app for it at least for next 12 months. It is not worth adding a new inq and get declined or even in case if it is approved my scores can drop due to new account. I am going to wait it out for next year or so and then see how things stands at that point of time,
Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read posts of recent approvals ranging from 680ish to 700plus.

They seem to be very sensitive to recent inquiries and accounts, as well as higher utilization.

This is a summary of my findings on the subject. 

I concur. At the time of my approval (last August) they pulled EX and it was around 690. There also were some old bad lates reporting. (13 total lates.) It was an instant approval and a very good CL for them ($8.1K).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.