cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What secured cards graduate the quickest?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What secured cards graduate the quickest?

I am looking to add one more secured card. I have a secured Discover IT, but want another to grow with. What is a good one that graduates sooner rather than later, and does a CLI when it does graduate?

Thansk!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What secured cards graduate the quickest?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking to add one more secured card. I have a secured Discover IT, but want another to grow with. What is a good one that graduates sooner rather than later, and does a CLI when it does graduate?

Thansk!

Here's a chart I maintain with a lot of the national ones:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Updated-for-2015-Secured-Credit-Card-List/td-p/3856240

Most cards begin unsecure eligibility at around a year, but some can unsecure early (some of the FNBO secured cards start eligibility at 11 months, BofA can unsecure very early, as early as 6 months ---- but both of these banks can and will reject people even for a secured product so your profile has to be just so).

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What secured cards graduate the quickest?

my BOA was auto graduated at 12 months, here is how i got from CL 300 to 6600

card went unsecured at 12 months -> PC to cash reward -> got new card in mail -> went online for 5k CLI and got countered with 1600, called next morning for recon and got 5000 on top of the 1600 i already got. 

my BOa went from 300 to 6600 in about 13 months, can't complIain.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.