Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I apply for? 699 Equifax Fico

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: What should I apply for? 699 Equifax Fico

ACM is Additional (or Authorized, I forget) Card Member. You'd have to search for what exactly changed, but I believe AU/ACM were not going to be backdated to the original owners member since date, they'd have their own member since date.

You will not get an additional free score from scorewatch during your trial period. You would have to purchase an additional score, even if Equifax updates.

I have similar reports across all three bureaus, all three use different scoring criteria/have their own algorithms, scores will vary from one to the next.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

AMEX would be a good idea.  Basically you need to see where your score is after everything is off and see where your at.  What date does your AMEX card say it first reported on your credit report?  You should save a copy of that tradeline and credit report in case AMEX doesn't backdate you automatically.  AMEX changed their policy last year that they would no longer change AU user's membership date to the date of the cardholder.  If you had your's changed before this policy change, I am not sure how they will treat you.  Worse case, you will get the membership year of the first time you had an AMEX whether as AU or not.  Best case, you had your membership year backdated before policy change to the original cardholder's membership date and that will carry with you.  In any case, it will be better than any card that reports opened in this month.

On my Equifax credit report it says the AMEX was first reported 09/2008. So that would definitely be better than 2012, but 2000 would be amazing.

That's unfortunate that I will not recieve my updated score for free... But I guess in the long run this will pay off. Do you guys think it's even possible for my score to go down after going from 108% utilization to 0%? I almost want to just apply when I get a notification for a score change.... The only problem is that it seems Amex runs Experian.

Message 12 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

AMEX would be a good idea.  Basically you need to see where your score is after everything is off and see where your at.  What date does your AMEX card say it first reported on your credit report?  You should save a copy of that tradeline and credit report in case AMEX doesn't backdate you automatically.  AMEX changed their policy last year that they would no longer change AU user's membership date to the date of the cardholder.  If you had your's changed before this policy change, I am not sure how they will treat you.  Worse case, you will get the membership year of the first time you had an AMEX whether as AU or not.  Best case, you had your membership year backdated before policy change to the original cardholder's membership date and that will carry with you.  In any case, it will be better than any card that reports opened in this month.

On my Equifax credit report it says the AMEX was first reported 09/2008. So that would definitely be better than 2012, but 2000 would be amazing.

That's unfortunate that I will not recieve my updated score for free... But I guess in the long run this will pay off. Do you guys think it's even possible for my score to go down after going from 108% utilization to 0%? I almost want to just apply when I get a notification for a score change.... The only problem is that it seems Amex runs Experian.

I believe you'll be approved for an Amex charge card with no issues.... I believe your new Amex charge card will likely be backdated to 09/2008..  What you can do after you get the charge card is garden it for 6 months or so, and then apply for one of the credit card accounts, such as Blue Cash, or Blue Cash everyday... That way you'll have two accounts that appear to be opened in 2008.

It is highly unlikely that your score will go down, I think the only thing holding your score back at this point is the high utilization, once the utilization goes down, and the accounts get removed, you'll likely be put in a different Fico bucket, where the top score is going to be higher than where you are at now. When I was working towards my mortgage in january, bringing my utilization down was enough to shoot my Fico Score up to 707 Fico, after being in the 660ish range... but again, everyone's experience is different... You will likely not see a score decrease from removing these accounts.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

I believe you'll be approved for an Amex charge card with no issues.... I believe your new Amex charge card will likely be backdated to 09/2008..  What you can do after you get the charge card is garden it for 6 months or so, and then apply for one of the credit card accounts, such as Blue Cash, or Blue Cash everyday... That way you'll have two accounts that appear to be opened in 2008.

It is highly unlikely that your score will go down, I think the only thing holding your score back at this point is the high utilization, once the utilization goes down, and the accounts get removed, you'll likely be put in a different Fico bucket, where the top score is going to be higher than where you are at now. When I was working towards my mortgage in january, bringing my utilization down was enough to shoot my Fico Score up to 707 Fico, after being in the 660ish range... but again, everyone's experience is different... You will likely not see a score decrease from removing these accounts.

Awesome. Are you saying I will be approved beucase of my decent score, or because I have the history with them? Speaking of history, I also have history with Chase from 2008 as an AU. Do you think that would mean anything to them? I am definitely going for the Zync first, but I would like to apply for the Freedom ASAP.

BTW can you Multi-Quote on this forum? Meaning quote multiple people's posts instead of just one.

Message 14 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome. Are you saying I will be approved beucase of my decent score, or because I have the history with them? Speaking of history, I also have history with Chase from 2008 as an AU. Do you think that would mean anything to them? I am definitely going for the Zync first, but I would like to apply for the Freedom ASAP.

BTW can you Multi-Quote on this forum? Meaning quote multiple people's posts instead of just one.

I don't think you can...    Definately the AU history will help with both Chase and Amex.   You likely won't get approved for Chase card without the new Amex with backdated history reporting....  If you want the Chase card I suggest getting the Amex as the stepping stone to get you to the Freedom. I dont believe you're going to be able to jump straight to the freedom without the Amex history.   Thats just my opinion...  If you app for Chase first, and get declined, you have to wait 6 months before trying again.  Thats why I say just wait a couple of months then app Chase when your chances are better.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.