Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I apply for next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I apply for next?

So I just got a high limit ($11,300) Discover card and want one more. My EQ FICO is 670. What other cards do I stand a good chance at getting? I'd prefer to stay away from store cards.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: What should I apply for next?

You should let your new Discover card update the limit and your balance for the first month first then you had a better change getting higher limit......

CC company usually match your higher limit.....Just a thought............but GE, Amex , US Bank , Chase or city.....they all good cards....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nicholasyud wrote:

You should let your new Discover card update the limit and your balance for the first month first then you had a better change getting higher limit......

CC company usually match your higher limit.....Just a thought............but GE, Amex , US Bank , Chase or city.....they all good cards....

Right, I don't want to apply right away b/c this one hasn't even shown on my report yet (I haven't even gotten the card yet). I just want to know where I should be looking. I'm on an aggressive goal to increasing my score at least 100 points in the next year as I'll be looking to purchase a home around that time. One of the major complaints has been not having any lines of credit. I do have pesky student loands though lol

Message 3 of 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash+ and Flexperks Travel

Chase Freedom, CSP, Marriott or Ritz Carlton

AMEX nothing that really jumps out to me, but it would be good to lock in your 2012 membership

NFCU or USAA if you are eligible

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 5
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just got a high limit ($11,300) Discover card and want one more. My EQ FICO is 670. What other cards do I stand a good chance at getting? I'd prefer to stay away from store cards.

Get a membership with NFCU... as of yesterday and you won't regret it. You can then open up a line of credit and a year from now also apply with them for a great mortgage. They are generous with credit if you do right by them.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.