Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I apply for?

@rootpooty wrote:

Im also curious whats on your ex report? congrats on getting the zync though im jealous

I have 2 charge offs cap one and hsbc from 2006, also a Sprint Collection from around the same time. Auto Loan Through NMAC that I have been paying on for about a year now.  Thats about it. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@laboi_22 wrote:

The answer to your question is simple: What is it that you need?

You must always base applications for credit on your needs. Don't apply for cards you have no use for. Tell us what you need, tell us more about your credit profile, and we might be able to offer some suggestions as to what cards to apply for.

It sounds like you now have a prime card with AMEX. You have your rebuilder with Cap 1. You have a few store cards including the gas card. What else are you looking for?

I guess mostly I am looking for a tradeline and more available credit.  I'm running out of ideas though on what else to apply for, at this point I think last time I checked I have 16 inquiries in the last 2 months lol.

You will not get any "prime" cards to give you a higher line right now. You have all low limits and a low FICO. What you need most right now is to wait patiently and let these cards age. Also, you need to let some of those INQ's fall off. 16 is way too many, and will not help you get good cards or good limits.  if you treat those cards well for 6-12 months, some might  CLI you along the way.   

Thanks for the input, I will garden what I have now.  I think these are good cards to start with.  This forum has been very useful to me.

Message 12 of 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

Im also curious whats on your ex report? congrats on getting the zync though im jealous

I have 2 charge offs cap one and hsbc from 2006, also a Sprint Collection from around the same time. Auto Loan Through NMAC that I have been paying on for about a year now.  Thats about it. 

well at least you got in with amex! congrats

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.