Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I apply for?

Walmart TU 605 score? Any suggestions who I can apply with that I haven't already.

I have CAP ONE, Orchard, AMEX ZYNC, Sony Card, Wal Mart, and EXXON MOBIL CARD.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What should I apply for?

@Anonymous wrote:

Walmart TU 605 score? Any suggestions who I can apply with that I haven't already.

I can't believe it's about to come out of my fingers onto the keys... DONT APPLY!

What is on your credit report that has you at a 605TU? and what was your EX when Amex sent it to you? is this a Hard Limit Zync/Auto Pay?

Message 2 of 13
laboi_22
Established Contributor

The answer to your question is simple: What is it that you need?

You must always base applications for credit on your needs. Don't apply for cards you have no use for. Tell us what you need, tell us more about your credit profile, and we might be able to offer some suggestions as to what cards to apply for.

It sounds like you now have a prime card with AMEX. You have your rebuilder with Cap 1. You have a few store cards including the gas card. What else are you looking for?

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't believe it's about to come out of my fingers onto the keys... DONT APPLY!

What is on your credit report that has you at a 605TU? and what was your EX when Amex sent it to you? is this a Hard Limit Zync/Auto Pay?

Zync Card I was in the low 600's $500 hard limit/auto pay

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laboi_22 wrote:

You must always base applications for credit on your needs. Don't apply for cards you have no use for. Tell us what you need, tell us more about your credit profile, and we might be able to offer some suggestions as to what cards to apply for.

It sounds like you now have a prime card with AMEX. You have your rebuilder with Cap 1. You have a few store cards including the gas card. What else are you looking for?

I guess mostly I am looking for a tradeline and more available credit.  I'm running out of ideas though on what else to apply for, at this point I think last time I checked I have 16 inquiries in the last 2 months lol.

Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@laboi_22 wrote:

I guess mostly I am looking for a tradeline and more available credit.  I'm running out of ideas though on what else to apply for, at this point I think last time I checked I have 16 inquiries in the last 2 months lol.

Well you are starting a good relatioship with Amex and a good one with GE and now even Citi with your Gas card.... sit back for 6-12 months... I probably lean towards 6 because I have a hard time waiting but you need at least 6 months with these new banks to start to know you... you got a lot of credit approved with a 600 score, now get it up in the 650-700 range and you can get really good cards with these banks you are building history with.

Message 6 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's official.

I need glasses. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's official.

I need glasses. Smiley Happy

LOL Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Im also curious whats on your ex report? congrats on getting the zync though im jealous

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 9 of 13
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@laboi_22 wrote:

You will not get any "prime" cards to give you a higher line right now. You have all low limits and a low FICO. What you need most right now is to wait patiently and let these cards age. Also, you need to let some of those INQ's fall off. 16 is way too many, and will not help you get good cards or good limits.  if you treat those cards well for 6-12 months, some might  CLI you along the way.   

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.