Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I apply for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I apply for

Ok I am waiting for my disputes to finish and my credit cards to show a zero balance all but 1% on one ...I'm expecting my ex to be 688 fico and the other 2 ruff guess 660-680....I wanna close my credit one 850 Cl and 1st premiere 500 Cl...and keep my 2 co qs 1750/850cl but want to get my foot in the door with Amex and discovery ...I've read they are good about giving you a good Cl to begin with and lots of good cli! I'd like to have a good Cl on my report for once what cards or other companies should I apply for?? I have been online and did the prequailfied ...but waiting for my reports to be updated ...then on to the garden after that and wait for more baddies to fall off and reach for the 700 club
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I apply for

What cards did you get prequalified for? Also, how long have you had the other accounts?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like if I remeber it was discover it and Amex bce (not sure on Amex ) credit one be 2 years in July co both be two years old in November first premiere 2 years in January I've had 2 inq in last 12 months
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had high uti for a long time didn't know about 1-9% being ideal till recently it's showing 47% right now but everything is pf except one card and I'm waiting on the charges to post so I can pf again now I pay soon as it hits the card
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I should apply for penfed but eq was my lowest score before I disputed them and got some stuff removed ...and I'll still have several school loan late payments ...
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol maybe I should go one my first and last spree to get myself established with some better companies and apply for penfed discovery and amex once my reports show 1% uti but how do I play my cards cause I be read pen fed has denied for recent applications ...thinking this will be my next step in rebuilding ...then on to gardening and paying of school and auto loan
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do have an established credit history. So that's what they'll be looking at too. As for what cards to apply for, it really is ymmv. So I would go for the cards you really want.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!!😊
Message 8 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Hope whatever path you choose works out well for you. Disc and Amex are both nice choices.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.