Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do next!?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: What should I do next!?

Look in the rebuilding section for more information on good will letters. Get that baddie off your report before you app for anything.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 20
paparoach429
Established Member

Is it that easy to get a negative removed from your history? Whats the worst the could happen? I have to wait for another 6 months for it to automatically fall off? So in your guys opinions I will be denied for pretty much anything applied for? If a walmart card is my only hopes right now I might as well just wait a while.

Message 12 of 20
Dustink
Valued Contributor

It is not that you will get denied now. You will just get much better terms if you get that baddie off first. IE higher limit lower APR. It shouldn't be too hard for you to GW that baddie.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact the creditor requesting verification of the late payment.  Do not admit anything and let them provide the facts they have.  Then, contact the Credit Bureau and file a dispute.  The dispute will be attached to every credit report request thereafter regarding that issue.  Financial Institutions often post late payments, even though they are not late, in order to add interest, fines, and penalties.  Next, attempt to consolidate the existing cards into one account.  Having to many credit cards active in your Credit Report is just as bad as as having no credit history.  To Creditors, it apears you are robbing Peter to pay Paul, so to speak.  Finally, before you sign another application for a credit card, find out who is actually issuing the card.    If you look at the reverse of your credit cards, you may find some issued by the same financial group such as HSBC, CITI, CHASE, ect.   The application you are getting ready to sign will probably have this information near the end of the contract.  Read it close.

Message 14 of 20
paparoach429
Established Member

Ahhhh. I understand more now. I'll get on that tomarro. Btw, What does finding out who issues the card matters? Are you trying to say dont apply for a card issued by the same bank that issues the firestone card?

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart credit cards are actually issued by and granted by Discover Financial Group, LLC. (GE Money Bank)  Check your current credit cards to see if you may have others

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certain financial groups, such as HSBC AND CITI FINANCIAL are owned and operated from other countries who are not required to abide by the Unted States Code

Message 17 of 20
paparoach429
Established Member

Oh ok. The cards I dont use are locked up in my safe so il check tomarro. So your point is to apply for cards issued by them as that might be my only option?

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the back of the Firestone Card, see who issued the card as FIRESTONE is what is known as the merchants card and is not actually the issuer of the card.  The issuer of the card is the actual creditor

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  My point is to attempt to use a financial group (such as Chase) who is actually governed by the Federal Statutes.  You have to be familiar with the financial instituition you are dealing with.  HSBC is homed in Shanghai, China and Capitol is homed in india. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.