cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I get?

tag
ninjaalex

Re: What should I get?

Just checked the old paperwork and my FICO was 668 from Discover in Sept 2012, and CITI pulled EX with a score of 680 in Jan 2012 if that makes any difference. Which one does Amex look at?

Also, I am indeed on not carrying anymore balances, the reason the Discover and the CITI cards have balances is because I took advantage of the 15 months no APR and got a tv and laptop for college. They should be completely paid within 3-4 months.

Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ninjaalex wrote:

Just checked the old paperwork and my FICO was 668 from Discover in Sept 2012, and CITI pulled EX with a score of 680 in Jan 2012 if that makes any difference. Which one does Amex look at?

Also, I am indeed on not carrying anymore balances, the reason the Discover and the CITI cards have balances is because I took advantage of the 15 months no APR and got a tv and laptop for college. They should be completely paid within 3-4 months.

Around 660 is good for a charge card. They will more than likely pull EX. Are your files identical?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
tatterz
New Contributor

Freedom and boa cards should be fairly easy for you. Idk about amex.
I personally like having one rotating category card and I think freedom is the best by far and it's point system is awesome.
Better balance rewards I'd recommend just for a particular payment such as a monthly gym membership bill. You get the same cash back whether you make 1 or 100 transactions.
Id highly recommend you consider the BofA Cash Rewards card. It's a great card with great rewards, an extra 10% if you bank with them. You bank with them so it should be easy for you.
TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 13 of 17
ninjaalex

I'm sorry I do not know what you mean by the files being the same. Smiley Embarassed

I recently made payments on my accounts, Do I have to wait until I receive a statement meaning they reported the balances before apping? That way when they pull they have the newest balances I owe to look at.

Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ninjaalex wrote:

I'm sorry I do not know what you mean by the files being the same. Smiley Embarassed

I recently made payments on my accounts, Do I have to wait until I receive a statement meaning they reported the balances before apping? That way when they pull they have the newest balances I owe to look at.

I mean the info (accounts, baddies, INQ's, AAoA) is the same across all 3 bureaus. Is there any info thats on 1 bureau and not the others?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
ninjaalex

@LS2982 wrote:

I mean the info (accounts, baddies, INQ's, AAoA) is the same across all 3 bureaus. Is there any info thats on 1 bureau and not the others?

Discover pulled TU Fico and I got it in Sept 2012. The Sams credit was in December 2012 and also pulled TU Fico i believe. Citi pulled EX in January 2013.

No baddies I can think of since the Discover was my first ever CC, no late payments at all. I do have student loans but they are deferred. These three are my only INQs.

Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ninjaalex wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Discover pulled TU Fico and I got it in Sept 2012. The Sams credit was in December 2012 and also pulled TU Fico i believe. Citi pulled EX in January 2013.

No baddies I can think of since the Discover was my first ever CC, no late payments at all. I do have student loans but they are deferred. These three are my only INQs.

I would get your util. down and go for the green card!!! Good luck!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.