cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be my next move?? 1 card for 3 years..now what?

tag
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Re: What should be my next move?? 1 card for 3 years..now what?

@robamerica wrote:

Sorry...what is a recon?

Reconsideration. If you get denied, you can call the backdoor number (sticky thread at the top of the page) and ask them to reconsider the app. They'll ask you some questions and it could result in an extra hard pull, but I'm not 100%. I haven't personally, had to do a recon.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 11 of 15
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I would call credit solutions on your Lowes account and tell them you just got approved for 850 but you are doing remodeling of your home and need a CL of 5000 and see what they say. I was approved for 650 and called and got the 5000 I asked for.
Message 12 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Blue Cash Preferred has an annual fee. So if you do enough shopping at grocery stores (as opposed to places like Target or Walmart or Costco), then it is indeed a great card. Otherwise for single people, Blue Cash Everyday is a fairly good grocery card, or Barclaycard's Sallie Mae World mastercard. Any of these I would expect a low credit limit to start (ie, don't expect $6000), but the Amex 3X at 61 days takes the sting out of that. But choose whats best for you long term, not just what will give you higher credit limits for the next few months.

Then again, if you DO shop at Costco alot, there is an Amex for that too.

You're scores arent great, but then again you have a lot of account history, and you have a better mix of credit than just having only credit cards. Personally if it was me,I would try for at least one other card today, and then do nothing credit-wise for 6 months to let all the accounts and inquiries age, and your credit scores recover. having multiple credit cards will allow you to keep both the overall utilization down, and the individual card utilization down as well. Should be great for your credit scores in the long run.

In the short run, you tanked your credit scores of course. Can't be helped, you can't win the game if you refuse to play the game.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think Amex would approve you in the same area chase did!

I second or third call credit solutions 866-519-6441 about the new lowes account and ask them to up it to $10k... they should approve or counter back something... tell them you are considering your options of a new kitchen or whatever it might... something large!

Message 14 of 15

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think Amex would approve you in the same area chase did!

I second or third call credit solutions 866-519-6441 about the new lowes account and ask them to up it to $10k... they should approve or counter back something... tell them you are considering your options of a new kitchen or whatever it might... something large!

EXACTLY, i applied for lowes credit card and was approved for 1k, told them i was redoing my kitchen and  bathrooms, Countered me for 18k last august. It now stands at 24k and Home depot loans are great it not through citi cards. And the term is 84 months and interest is like 12%

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.