Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be my optimal strategy?

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Re: What should be my optimal strategy?

Amex only approved me for a $1000 CL Smiley Sad

Perhaps, I should have waited for my Southwest to be reported.

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 41 of 52
HiLine
Blogger

Getting membership with Amex is a huge step; they're one of the pickiest lenders out there. Fortunately they're also one of the most generous in giving credit limit increases. Use the card well and you'll reach 25k on that card alone in 2 years. Smiley Wink  If you can get another Amex in January, you'll be golden.

Message 42 of 52
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

and he want 100k credit limit in 1 or 2 years. Thats impossible man.

With the powers of backdating and Navy Federal / USAA

25k Navy Federal + 25k NavChek with approved income + USAA 25k + Amex backdating for 25k+ each credit limit + combination of secured credit lines with high incomes it makes it VERY EASILY POSSIBLE. Especially with Amex alone as long as he's willing to FR.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 43 of 52
distantarray
Established Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

Amex only approved me for a $1000 CL Smiley Sad

Perhaps, I should have waited for my Southwest to be reported.

No worries after 61 days you can get 3x CLI for $3,000 then after 6 months you can get another one for 9k, then 6 months after that you can request 28k (this will trigger a financial review) but as long as you can document it, it'll be fine.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 44 of 52
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

and he want 100k credit limit in 1 or 2 years. Thats impossible man.

With the powers of backdating and Navy Federal / USAA

25k Navy Federal + 25k NavChek with approved income + USAA 25k 

There you go, OP! Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 52
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Thans guys.

HiLine, which Amex card do you suggest me to apply for in January?

Secondly, is it true that one can ask Amex for CLI every six months & they would give 3x increases each time (of course conditional on your good credit history)?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 46 of 52
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Bump
Message 47 of 52
HiLine
Blogger

@cowboyguy wrote:

Thans guys.

HiLine, which Amex card do you suggest me to apply for in January?

Secondly, is it true that one can ask Amex for CLI every six months & they would give 3x increases each time (of course conditional on your good credit history)?

Depends on what you need. You won't be a stranger to American Express next time you apply. Do you care about cash back/travel rewards at all? If not, I would shoot for  one without an annual fee, preferably the Blue Cash Everyday. 

The answer to the second question will come after 2 minutes searching through previous threads in this forum...

Message 48 of 52
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Thanks HiLine.

And I got my answer regarding the CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 52
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Got a quick question.

To reach my goal, is it better to apply for more cards right now & ask for CLIs at regular intervals OR let my score & AAoA increase a lot & then apply for cards late in to the future to get high initial CLs?
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.