Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should i get?

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

What should i get?

So, we will close on our home on 7/20.

I wanted to see what card i should app for....

My new scores are: EQ: 626 | TU: 647 | EX: 691

Her new scores are:  697 being the lowest (unsure)

We would like to be able to buy some furniture and what not... Rewards are better...

Currently we each have a cap one card...

Mine is 0$ of 500 limit

Hers is 0$ of 1250 limit.

Neither of us has ever had a late......

I also have a AMEX corp card that i have had for about a year now.....

Any info... Thanks!!!

I am aiming to get the highest credit limit possible so that we dont have to get multiple cards Smiley Happy

Thanks for your time!!!

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: What should i get?

BTW - our income together is just about 100K/yr....

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

-how long have you had the cap1 card?
-how many INQ's and baddies do you have on each bureau?
-what is your AAoA?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 11
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

My AAoA is 2.7 years  (rounded to 3 i am assuming)

My cap 1 is just about to hit 1 year, and her is just about to hit 2 years.

I have 3 inq's on each CRA and i have NO non paid collections

Collections

EQ 3

EX 4

TU 6

Message 4 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

If your EX FICO is 691, then I'd still lean towards apping for the ZYNC ( assuming that you don't need to revolve a balance ).    You can get it backdated which should limit the damage to your AAoA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Amex zync!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 11
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

If your EX FICO is 691, then I'd still lean towards apping for the ZYNC ( assuming that you don't need to revolve a balance ).    You can get it backdated which should limit the damage to your AAoA.

These scores are from Lender Pull excluding the EQ for that score was just updated from score watch Smiley Happy 

AMEX Zync it is!!!!

Message 7 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Zync is a great card.  What are the incomes of you and your wife?  Amex is income sensitive, so if  ya'll are about the same income wise, I would let her go for it and add you as an Additional Cardmember.

Either way, you'll both lock in Member Since dates of 2012 which will help if you ever add more Amex cards.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 11
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Well hopefully we will be backdated to my corp amex card which is 1 year now....

Our income i believe now is just under 100K

I make about 73K on my own and she makes 20-30K/yr

Message 9 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Your EX score is real good as well as your income being highish.   If I were you I would app first for the Zync, and then go for a revolver IF you are approved for Zync. Some popular Amex revolvers are Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Cash Preferred. If you travel, there are several airline ones. I plan on apping for Blue in January

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.