cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should my next move be?

tag
oxen

What should my next move be?

Here’s the quick version of what I have done in the last month.  First were consolidated 6 Student loans into 1, Consolidated and closed 2 high interest rate credit cards into one installment long, opened an AMEX everyday card, CLI & lowered my interest rate on my Citi card with a BT from a High interest rate card. CLI on my Home Depot card.  Had 4 EQ HP's and 1 EX.   So far the only thing to show up on my credit is the hard pulls. So as of right now my credit and fico are as high as they will be for a little bit after all this registers to my credit.  So now I’m not sure what to do next if anything.  Should I close the 2 cards that have annual fees?  I only plan to use one card and my HD card anyways.   Below is a snapshot of my cards.   Any thought?

card -                            limit         - Balance

CITI -    CLI                  1200 10k - 55 BT 3400

First stone -                 1400 -        36

Gecrb / care credit -    2000 -        0

Kohls / capone  -         1000 -        0

Gecrb / cubcudet -      2800 -        0

HomeDepot  CLI         3000 18k - 1600

Tract supply                1000  -       0

Cap one   -                  2200  -       100  ( going to ask for a CLI on the 22nd, it's my 6mo mark.)  This card has an Annual fee.

Best buy -                   1000 -         0    This card has a an annual fee.

New AMEX                 4400 -         0   Plan to use this card as my everyday card. 

Merrick bank               4300 -         0   3400 (BT to the Citi card)

3 installment loans, car, student and Personal loan.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should my next move be?

Contact the Cap-1 EO and ask them to remove the AF permanently and raise the limit, if no go on the AF removal jettison it. The Citi Best Buy is pretty mich worthless, jettison it when the AF comes around again. Good luck

Message 2 of 3
oxen

Re: What should my next move be?

yeah I just got hit with the AF on the bestbuy card like a week ago.  Might call them Monday.  

**UpDate**   2 emails sent, lets see what happens if anything.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.