cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should your credit score be to have a preapproval from Commenity Bank Store

tag
JMills
Frequent Contributor

What should your credit score be to have a preapproval from Commenity Bank Store

I am very interested in doing the shopping cart trick, I wanted to know where should my credit score be when I am doing a shopping cart trick with Commenity Bank? Also can you do more than one shopping cart trick in a day?

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: What should your credit score be to have a preapproval from Commenity Bank Store

@JMills wrote:

I am very interested in doing the shopping bcart trick, I wanted to know where should my credit score be when I am doing a shopping cart trick with Commenity Bank? Also can you do more than one shopping cart trick in a day?

Yes, you can try more than one store in a day.  Since the pre-approval is via soft pull, it won't impact your FICO scores.  

Not sure what the minimum requirement is; it probably varies by store.  You should know that it seems to be a rather arbitrary process.  It worked at Victoria's Secret the first time I tried it.  It took multiple attempts, before I finally got the J. Crew.  I stopped trying at Chadwick's.  Some people have fouror more accts via the trick, others have none.

Good luck!  Post your progress.

Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What should your credit score be to have a preapproval from Commenity Bank Store

Jmills approvals won't affect your garden statues either Lol Go for it

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

^^^ well, opening the account will certainly kick you out! XD
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.