cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What so special about Barclay cards?

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: What so special about Barclay cards?

Most of them are cobranded.   If you are a regular customer of any of these stores, then the rewards, discounts are good.  

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoahCredit wrote:

I don't have a Barclay card, but some many people talks about them. Do they have good interest rates? Not Really is their customer service any good? Yes Waaayyy better than the likes of Cap1 and HSBC do they offer large CLs? Some products do some products don't Please tell me... if it's that good I may apply for one in 23 monthsSmiley Happy

I believe a majority of the popularity surrounding the Barclay's card is their association with Apple products. The worldwide reception of iphones, ipads, and Apple products helped many people reunited with Apple as a company. Since they exclusively use Barclay's for financing (maybe not the case anymore) they have become more of a household name. My first encounter with Barclay's came as a fan of Golf. They sponsor a Big Tournament and Phil Mickelson is one of their top sponsors. 

The reconning of the credit decision makes them popular around these forums. But I would honestly say the recon success rate is about 50-60% positive. They are good with Auto CLIs and large CL (though I would stay away from apple cards if that's what you are looking for). They have decent point conversions on some of their cards. My travelocity Amex nets 10% back on their website purchases. They also run decent BT deals. My beef is with their higher apr's across the board. 

Message 12 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

they pulled both TU and EX on me

Only TU for me

Message 13 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

They dont always have the best apr but great with recons

Message 14 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

For the cli, it depends on the card brand, The apple one doesnt really go past 6k although there are rumous of one being at 12k

Message 15 of 29
jwduke
Regular Contributor

They are the issuer of cards for Cabella's and Casey's General Store gas card.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

@jwduke wrote:

They are the issuer of cards for Cabella's and Casey's General Store gas card.

I thought Cabellas was World's Foremost Bank

Message 17 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

@HoahCredit wrote:

I don't have a Barclay card, but some many people talks about them. Do they have good interest rates? is their customer service any good? do they offer large CLs? Please tell me... if it's that good I may apply for one in 23 monthsSmiley Happy

I got 0% and 2k on my apple financing card for my apple purchase, that seemed good to me

Message 18 of 29
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@HoahCredit wrote:

I don't have a Barclay card, but some many people talks about them. Do they have good interest rates? is their customer service any good? do they offer large CLs? Please tell me... if it's that good I may apply for one in 23 monthsSmiley Happy

I got 0% and 2k on my apple financing card for my apple purchase, that seemed good to me

Yep, the 0% is quite attractive on these cards. You get this offer when you first sign up, then from time to time they will email you promotional financing.

I bought my current MacBook Pro this way and it worked out very well!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 19 of 29
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@HoahCredit wrote:

Yep, the 0% is quite attractive on these cards. Yeo get this offer when you first sign up, then from time to time they will email you promotional financing.

I bought my current MacBook Pro this way and it worked out very well!

Wow!!! I didn't know that. I am not applying for anymore credit cards; however, if in 23 months they have an offer like that I will get one to buy my next mac book. Thanks for the info guys.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.