Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: What stores are ShopDiscover good for?

I used shop discover to get 5% cash back on a cruise for me and my family. It was through the cruise and vacation desk. 7 nights in Alaska for 3 with a suite and extended balcony for about 3k

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
firesoul453

compassion101 wrote:

Wow, didn't know discover gave 15% back on groupon. I've bought a bunch of things there, seems I missed alot of money. Is it restricted or is it anything you buy from groupon?

Here is what it says

Groupon features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy in a variety of cities across the U.S., Canada, Europe and soon beyond.

• Offer not valid on Epic Deals, Trips & Getaways, GrouponLive, GrouponNow, Groupon Goods, Groupon Gift Cards and Charity Promotions
  • Offer not valid on shipping, taxes, or other service fees
  • Offer is not valid in combination with any offers found outside ShopDiscover
  • Must link to retailer site from the ShopDiscover Web page found at Discover.com and use your Discover card for each transaction
  • Offer is subject to change, including termination, without notice
  • Merchants may change their prices at any time; Cashback Bonus is calculated on the merchant site price if different from what is seen on ShopDiscover
  • The promotional Cashback Bonus will be applied to your account within 8 weeks
My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Frequent Contributor
bostonte

Keep in mind that many of the restrictions and exclusions are more YMMV.

Don't plan a purchase solely expecting to get cash back on something listed as excluded, but don't be surprised if you do.

Contributor
Pworld

I use the eastbay, nike, and finishline 10 percent bonus. 

I am a sneaker head and athletic junkie *play lots of softball, basketball, golf, and running* so those 3 stores alone make it worth it. 

2/2011=EQ: 590
11/2012=EQ: 683 (after 4 card app spree and reporting)
10/2013=EQ: 708 (reached my goal!! for 2013) EX(amex): 668 TU(Disc):680
Goal = 725 by 6/2014
Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/15k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Best Buy/800 | Discover IT/6.4K | Citi HHonors Reserve/3K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preffered/9K
Established Contributor
lithium78

I use ShopDiscover for ordering flowers and get 15-20% cashback.  I also used it to purchase a new laptop from Dell and it ended up being a great deal between their clearance price, free shipping, and 5% cashback.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+