Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the HECK is Macy's doing? ACCOUNT CLOSURE NOTICE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the HECK is Macy's doing? ACCOUNT CLOSURE NOTICE

@Anonymous wrote:

I think something is seriously screwed up with Macy's at the moment either they have some sort of security issue or something because so many people are complaining about having issues with macy's I too had issues for several days like orders being cancelled and account being locked out.

Just a side note.  So far, no personal issues with Macy's.   They sent me a %30 off coupon via email yesterday because of the failure of the new website.  Then they sent me a 20% coupon a week ago for a problem I had in the store with a jerky clerk a week earlier.  What is odd is that I never self-identified except paying w/my card so they must have a code when ringing up the purchase for customer dissatisfaction.  And that coupon was only good online but a very nice clerk accepted it for an in-store purchase.  I like Macy's because you can get some really nice stuff when it's on sale for very good prices. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get me wrong.. I love Macy's that's one of my favorite stores but since August they've been messing up.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think something is seriously screwed up with Macy's at the moment either they have some sort of security issue or something because so many people are complaining about having issues with macy's I too had issues for several days like orders being cancelled and account being locked out.

And nobody seems to know what is going on when you call. I get so many different responses its ridiculous. I asked the CSR if I would eventually see a closure since I received this bogus notice. She told me NO, but I don't no what else to expect. I've had the card since July and nothing but horrible experiences. I don't want to close the card because I actually shop at Macy's on a regular. I just paid an additional $25 just to get better discounts until December. This is crazy!

yeah No one knows everytime you call, its like they are so clueless >.<

These are reasons I decided to close my Macy's card a few months ago - the right hand does not know what the left is doing at DSNB in many, many areas. Sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

Message 13 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Macys is just so shady right now, and they can't seem to get their act together. At one point, I wanted to have this card back (it was IIB, and I have to wait 4 yrs before they will reprove again from that)....but lately, Im not impressed and now finding no desire at all to ever want this card. Hope they get it together for all the cardmembers soon!
Message 14 of 18
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Pizza you sure aren't missing out on anything but hassle and heartache. I wanted this card too for some reason and the adage be careful what you wish for because you just might get it came true. Never seen a card so incompetent and I've had first premier and credit one before so what's that tell you. 😀
Message 15 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Pizza you sure aren't missing out on anything but hassle and heartache. I wanted this card too for some reason and the adage be careful what you wish for because you just might get it came true. Never seen a card so incompetent and I've had first premier and credit one before so what's that tell you. 😀

LOL...Hopefully they can get it get together because it sounds like theyve got a lot mad Cardholders on their hands. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a side note.  So far, no personal issues with Macy's.   They sent me a %30 off coupon via email yesterday because of the failure of the new website.  Then they sent me a 20% coupon a week ago for a problem I had in the store with a jerky clerk a week earlier.  What is odd is that I never self-identified except paying w/my card so they must have a code when ringing up the purchase for customer dissatisfaction.  And that coupon was only good online but a very nice clerk accepted it for an in-store purchase.  I like Macy's because you can get some really nice stuff when it's on sale for very good prices. 

No issues here other than my CLI hasn't report yet. Over the summer, I purchased the entire Hotel linen bedding set in white, new rug, and dresser. I can't wait to put it on my bed.

Message 17 of 18
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I received that 30% off coupon as well. I hope they get things straightened out as I like Macy's.

More than enough credit.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.