Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the HECK is Macy's doing? ACCOUNT CLOSURE NOTICE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What the HECK is Macy's doing? ACCOUNT CLOSURE NOTICE

Ok so I wake up to a letter from Macy's in my inbox.

Why we're writing you It's been a pleasure to have you as Macy's Credit Card customer and to serve your credit needs.

As you requested, we have closed your Macy's Credit Card and will report your account as closed at your request to the consumer reporting agencies listed below:

Then I check my account balance and available balance:

Minimum payment due

$27.00

Payment due date

Nov 6, 2015

Current Balance

$445.17

Last Statement Balance: $294.83

Oct 09, 2015 Statement

AVAILABLE CREDIT

$2,554.00

Credit Limit $3,000.00

I didn't request a closure of account. I called and the CSR said it must have been a mistake or a misunderstanding when I last called to check about Macy's reporting to the credit bureaus. She told me my account is very active and I could go spend money today. She said the credit reporting department has been getting so many calls they probably sent the letter out on accident. Is this an accident or will they eventually close my card? I received two HP's from Macy's. One opening the account and another for my CLI. I would hate for them to close my account after two HP's!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the HECK is Macy's doing? ACCOUNT CLOSURE NOTICE

I think something is seriously screwed up with Macy's at the moment either they have some sort of security issue or something because so many people are complaining about having issues with macy's I too had issues for several days like orders being cancelled and account being locked out.

Message 2 of 18
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Oh Macy's what is wrong with you? Sorry to hear this happened to you. All I can say is welcome to the club of puzzled, frustrated and ticked off Macy's cardholders. They are definitely odd.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think something is seriously screwed up with Macy's at the moment either they have some sort of security issue or something because so many people are complaining about having issues with macy's I too had issues for several days like orders being cancelled and account being locked out.

And nobody seems to know what is going on when you call. I get so many different responses its ridiculous. I asked the CSR if I would eventually see a closure since I received this bogus notice. She told me NO, but I don't no what else to expect. I've had the card since July and nothing but horrible experiences. I don't want to close the card because I actually shop at Macy's on a regular. I just paid an additional $25 just to get better discounts until December. This is crazy!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
Oh Macy's what is wrong with you? Sorry to hear this happened to you. All I can say is welcome to the club of puzzled, frustrated and ticked off Macy's cardholders. They are definitely odd.

Thanks! I hope they hurry and get it together. This is extremely frustrating.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And nobody seems to know what is going on when you call. I get so many different responses its ridiculous. I asked the CSR if I would eventually see a closure since I received this bogus notice. She told me NO, but I don't no what else to expect. I've had the card since July and nothing but horrible experiences. I don't want to close the card because I actually shop at Macy's on a regular. I just paid an additional $25 just to get better discounts until December. This is crazy!

yeah No one knows everytime you call, its like they are so clueless >.<

Message 6 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why we're writing you It's been a pleasure to have you as Macy's Credit Card customer and to serve your credit needs.

As you requested, we have closed your Macy's Credit Card and will report your account as closed at your request to the consumer reporting agencies listed below:

Minimum payment due

$27.00

Payment due date

Nov 6, 2015

Current Balance

$445.17

Oct 09, 2015 Statement

AVAILABLE CREDIT

$2,554.00

Credit Limit $3,000.00

I didn't request a closure of account. I called and the CSR said it must have been a mistake or a misunderstanding when I last called to check about Macy's reporting to the credit bureaus. She told me my account is very active and I could go spend money today. She said the credit reporting department has been getting so many calls they probably sent the letter out on accident. Is this an accident or will they eventually close my card? I received two HP's from Macy's. One opening the account and another for my CLI. I would hate for them to close my account after two HP's!

Did it have your name on the emal?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Minimum payment due

$27.00

Payment due date

Nov 6, 2015

Current Balance

$445.17

Oct 09, 2015 Statement

AVAILABLE CREDIT

$2,554.00

Credit Limit $3,000.00

Yes First and Last. I asked the CSR to note in my account that I never called to close my account. She said she noted it but who knows.

Message 8 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Minimum payment due

$27.00

Payment due date

Nov 6, 2015

Current Balance

$445.17

Oct 09, 2015 Statement

AVAILABLE CREDIT

$2,554.00

Credit Limit $3,000.00

Yes First and Last. I asked the CSR to note in my account that I never called to close my account. She said she noted it but who knows.

I can only hope you need new socks this weekend and go over there asap and try to charge something. better yet go online to and get some socks as anything over 25dollars today is free shipping. just to make sure your card is still okay.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is exactly what I was going to do. I also wanted to pay my bill but I was thinking if I paid the entire bill they will close it after they receive their money so I'll pay a portion and see what happens.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.