Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the....Overstock Interst charge!!!

tag
sgs71
Regular Contributor

What the....Overstock Interst charge!!!

I received my OS statement and they charged me $125 interest charge on a $528 balance!! Generally its in the $10 range. I sent them a secure message and waiting to hear back. That's some kind of erroneous crazy stuff! Anyone ever had anything like this happen with a commenity cards? About to flip out lol 😮

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: What the....Overstock Interst charge!!!

Was there a promo balance that was not paid off within the 6 or 12 month promo period? That could be it.... interest gets applied retroactively to day one!!
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@sgs71 wrote:

I received my OS statement and they charged me $125 interest charge on a $528 balance!! Generally its in the $10 range. I sent them a secure message and waiting to hear back. That's some kind of erroneous crazy stuff! Anyone ever had anything like this happen with a commenity cards? About to flip out lol 😮

Looks like you didn't sign up for the 0% offer when checking out!  They don't automatically put you into a 0% offer from what I was looking at last night.  It looks like you have to manually check that box according to your purchase amount.  Anyways, yeah...isn't their interest rate like 25-26%

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Woooooow so they charged you 23% of your balance 😂 That is some scary stuff Smiley Sad!
Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

@sgs71 wrote:

Looks like you didn't sign up for the 0% offer when checking out!  They don't automatically put you into a 0% offer from what I was looking at last night.  It looks like you have to manually check that box according to your purchase amount.  Anyways, yeah...isn't their interest rate like 25-26%

Right, but that APR is for a year (hence "A"!) this seems to be 20% for a month.   If there isn't a promo that wasn't paid off, probably a mistake

Message 5 of 6
sgs71
Regular Contributor

I'm still waiting to hear back. If I don't hear back by email ill call on Thursday when I'm off. I haven't had a balance for over a year. I bought a mattress in September and pay at least $75 a month. So for a random interest charge of $125 doesn't make sense for December. That's insane lol I'll post update when I know. Thanks for all of the input, I appreciate it ☺️

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.