cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck happened with my CreditOne card?

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: What the heck happened with my CreditOne card?

@brikays wrote:

@NancyLou wrote:

When I was approved for my CreditOne card (and I'm rueing the day I applied for this one) I KNOW it said my interest was 23.9%.

I've only had it one billing cycle, I paid the initial fee (paid card in full) and let it go until it reported on my CBs.

Apparently, paying in full is a "No go" with CreditOne because they raised my interest rate to 30%!

I now have two other cards, both CapOne.  One has a $1,000 limit, the other $500.  The CreditOne is a mere $300.  How long should I hang on to this card before I close it out?  It's paid in full and with the crazy interest on this, I just don't want to use it at all, thus I'm not sure it'll do me any good.

wow, getting penalized for PIF......CreditOne is something else.

A lot of people don't understand what NO GRACE PERIOD means.. basically CreditOne's T&C state that "We will begin charging interest on purchases and cash advances on the posting date."

Most, if not all, credit cards terms & conditions state something like: "Your due date will be a minimum of 21 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you periodic interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month."

Not the case with CreditOne.. CLOSE IT.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.