Did you mean: 

What the highest credit max on the redcard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the highest credit max on the redcard

@Anonymous wrote:

@kyobakes wrote:
I work there...i'm the loser that gets to help you apply.  I can attest to likes up to $10,000.  I've never, ever seen anything higher.

Wow, what would you do with $10k at Target?  Smiley Happy   I've always heard that around $1k, they generally convert to VISA.

Yep, that used to be the case. However, right before the holidays a group of us that were initially in that start at $200, then get bumped to $500 3 months later, sit for eternity at $500 (in my case between 2-3 years), were raised up to $1000. It seems it happened right around the same few days for many and we assumed it was to entice people to spend more for the holidays.
Message 11 of 15
kyobakes
New Contributor

Oh!  Yeah, the 10,000 is for the visa...not the store card.  I believe the store card only goes up to 2,500....but i'm not sure.  I'll see if i can find anything out today at work.

i'm still at $200 as well...I just paid it off, and i think i'm going to just let it sit.  I may buy something here and there and PIF...but i decided i'm just going to keep it...it will be my one store card...I'd get best buy, but target is more diverse...

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
whats the highest max one can get up to on  redcard ? do they automatically just switch people over to the visa after 1k or so . I am not interested in the visa just the redcard - can I get up to 2k on the redcard ?

When I called customer service 2 wks ago to check on my replacement card, she commented on my CL. She stated that is as high as the store card goes ($1000) , and the next step would be an offer for the Visa.

I am hoping she is correct, however I have lost faith in many CC call center representatives.

Message 13 of 15
wmarat
Valued Contributor

DW and I have store card each ( cards are joint). DW's CL is $5600, mine is $4000.  We also have joint Visa account which is at $10000 of CL.

@kyobakes wrote:

Oh!  Yeah, the 10,000 is for the visa...not the store card.  I believe the store card only goes up to 2,500....but i'm not sure.  I'll see if i can find anything out today at work.

i'm still at $200 as well...I just paid it off, and i think i'm going to just let it sit.  I may buy something here and there and PIF...but i decided i'm just going to keep it...it will be my one store card...I'd get best buy, but target is more diverse...

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 14 of 15
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I have been at $200.00 since 2005! Not bad credit either.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.