Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about Citi Thank You Card

tag
rockinn8
Contributor

What to do about Citi Thank You Card

Hello!

I applied for the Citi Thank You card on the 10th of this month, Ive since entered the garden.  I also got a Chase Freedom (3K) and Discover It (4.5K) around the same time.  I was denied for the TY card because of a collection account on my TU report.  That collection has since been removed and on my denial letter I got in the mail, I have 30 days from the 11th of this month to mail/fax them an updated copy of my TU report showing no collection account.  The thing is I don't know if I should spend the $10.50 on the TU report and fax it.  Ultimately I don't see myself using the TY card that much, and would probably be used for the occasional gas fill up, and would most likely be sock drawered.  

I've already taken the Hard Pull from Citi and when I called them they said they would not pull again and would base their recon on the updated TU report that I would fax in.  What advice would you offer?  Should I just forget it or try to get the TY card.  I don't plan on apping for another card unti next june for the Amex BCE.  Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: What to do about Citi Thank You Card

The denial letter entitles you to a free report.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 2 of 6
rockinn8
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!  I pulled that a day after I was denied and the CA was still on there, and then a week later CreditKarma was updated to show it was removed.  It pulled my TU here at myfico and I saw my score increase.

Message 3 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

If you already got the HP for it then the only real downfall will be the hit to your AAoA. 

If you will not use it much and just SD it, why did you apply in the first place?

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

If you already got the HP for it then the only real downfall will be the hit to your AAoA. 

If you will not use it much and just SD it, why did you apply in the first place?

+1

Message 5 of 6
rockinn8
Contributor

I applied for the TY card before I was approved by Discover.  I wanted to get 2-3 cards, I already had one.  Then I got the Freedom and It cards.  I researched which CB Citi Pulls and it was MOSTLY EX in my state (AZ) and they ended up pulling TU which was/is my lowest score.  I know I took a gamble and they could pull from any of the CBs and I really shouldve waited until I knew the CA was gone.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.