Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do - advice plz

tag
Viktor
Established Member

What to do - advice plz

Hi all!

I have a Cap1 $2k ($970 balance) credit card. I also have a Barclay's Reward for $500 ($0 balance, new). From the early days, I have an Orchard (now cap1) card with a $300 ($0 balance) limit. What should I do? Should I close the $300? or should I ask Cap1 to merge the two cards into a $2.3K? Is this even possible?

Also, I need more credit on the barclays. This is planned to be a PIF card every months. It was opened on 09/09/2013 and I just got it today. Am I still on time to do a recon? Or should I wait?

Thanks!

"You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

Starting Score: TU:517, EX:523, EQ:517
Current Score: TU:690 EX:731 EQ:736
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do - advice plz

Hi all!

I have a Cap1 $2k ($970 balance) credit card. I also have a Barclay's Reward for $500 ($0 balance, new). From the early days, I have an Orchard (now cap1) card with a $300 ($0 balance) limit. What should I do? Should I close the $300? or should I ask Cap1 to merge the two cards into a $2.3K? Is this even possible?

Also, I need more credit on the barclays. This is planned to be a PIF card every months. It was opened on 09/09/2013 and I just got it today. Am I still on time to do a recon? Or should I wait?

Thanks!

Unless there is an AF coming soon on the OB I would keep it, the extra TL is a good thing for you right now. As for combining it, I have never heard of anyone having this done by Capital One. Oh and Barclay : if you recon (which i'd advise against) be prepared for another HP if they look @ all.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.