Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
Aiming_4_800

What to do next?

Hello All,  

I am rebuilding my credit right now and have a couple of questions as to where I should go from here. Is there anything I can do to get my score up higher quicker?  Should I ask Cap1 Platinum for a product change to the Cap1 QS Visa? What other cards should I apply for?

I currently have have Cap1 Platinum $1500 (07/2013), Barclay Rewards MC $1300 (2/2014), BOA $500 (2006), and a new car loan (11/2013). I have one baddie from 4/2009 in the amount of $54 that has been paid off and my current scores according to Credit Check Total are EX-686, EQ-677, and TU-686. I also just looked up my Barclay Fico and it is 681. HP Ex-2, EQ-5, TU-4. I also plan to purchase a house sometime next year. 

Thanks in advance for the advice. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do next?

If you can do anything about the derogatory, that would help your scores.

Beyond that, I'd look at the utilization issue and see if it applies to you.

Message 2 of 7
Aiming_4_800

My ultization is at 7%  on one card and tried to have the baddie removed but they refused so I just paid it.

Message 3 of 7
user5387
Valued Contributor

You could try the Cap One EO and see if they will move you to QS.

Message 4 of 7
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

@Aiming_4_800 wrote:

Hello All,  

I am rebuilding my credit right now and have a couple of questions as to where I should go from here. Is there anything I can do to get my score up higher quicker?  Should I ask Cap1 Platinum for a product change to the Cap1 QS Visa? What other cards should I apply for?

I currently have have Cap1 Platinum $1500 (07/2013), Barclay Rewards MC $1300 (2/2014), BOA $500 (2006), and a new car loan (11/2013). I have one baddie from 4/2009 in the amount of $54 that has been paid off and my current scores according to Credit Check Total are EX-686, EQ-677, and TU-686. I also just looked up my Barclay Fico and it is 681. HP Ex-2, EQ-5, TU-4. I also plan to purchase a house sometime next year. 

See if BofA will give you a CLI with a soft pull if you have had them since 2006 and they have not raised your CL at all if might be time to have a chat with them. Try GW the baddie see if they will be human since it is paid off. Other than that I thing just maintaining a positive report on current TL's and some gardening will do you the most justice by time it's time to buy the house. You have revolving credit and an installment loan for a little mix nothing but getting that baddie off will impact your score immediately unless your UTL is high and you bring it down but you said your only at 7% on one card so really I think you should let time become your pal. 

Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 5 of 7
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

@Aiming_4_800 wrote:

Hello All,  

See if BofA will give you a CLI with a soft pull if you have had them since 2006 and they have not raised your CL at all if might be time to have a chat with them. Try GW the baddie see if they will be human since it is paid off. Other than that I thing just maintaining a positive report on current TL's and some gardening will do you the most justice by time it's time to buy the house. You have revolving credit and an installment loan for a little mix nothing but getting that baddie off will impact your score immediately unless your UTL is high and you bring it down but you said your only at 7% on one card so really I think you should let time become your pal. 

+1 When asking for the CLI for BofA, make sure to use the backdoor number to the Sr. Credit Analysts on the sticky. And also, if you're planning on purchasing a car, I would slow down with applying at this point as INQs do affect your score which can change your APR for the car. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 6 of 7
Aiming_4_800

Smiley Happy

That thanks for the advice

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.