Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do next?

So far in the last 4 months I have managed to go from 585 Transunion to a 674 Eq 661 Transunion and 655 Exp.... I've managed to get my first retail card (Wayfair) recently since BK discharge 7 years ago, but was denied at NFCU. I have 8 inquiries in the last two years showing. Can't risk more inquiries but need to Bank Card to increase my scores. Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do next?

Are those true FICO scores or are the CK or credit sesame or some other FAKO? 

I'd try the pre-qualified pages for Cap one and Discover and see what there is there for you. I'm not one that worries about HPs that much as I'm not in the market for a mortgage anytime in the next ten years. 

You can also do what many on here are advocating. Take $500 and do the Alliant SSL technique (there a are threads abounding around here. ) When you get that $475 back in a few days, take that and add some to it and open two secured cards with NFCU or Cap one or whomever, then you'll have an installment loan and three CCs reporting and hit the garden for a while. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, we need more data points, please list them.

Other loans, balances, credit lines, baddies etc.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good reply from Sandman above.

My question for the OP is why are your scores where they are now?  What negative items do you have on your credit report?

Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forums!!

As others have stated, could you please update us on your current situation, other than BK? Are you saying this is your first CC since BK from 7 yrs ago?

Did you have any baddies AFTER your BK like lates, etc??
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico 8 Scores

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I have showing on my credit reports are paid off student loans that when 180 days that are currently in dispute.. I have 2 small personal loans I took out to add a couple of trade lines. Both will be paid off in the next 3 months. No other things showing except closed credit cards from several years ago with paid as agreed history. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.