Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do next?

I currently have three cc's and a student loan open. I have other history on my credit report but everything is paid and closed (such as other student loans and car loans). I have a BB store card since 12/06 with a balance of $416/$2000, a BofA secured graduated to a unsecured since 09/06 with $104/$1500, and a chase/bp store card (non Visa) that I have has since 1998 with a balance of $21/$875. I have never asked for a CLI on any of these cards. By the way my scores as of today are TU-639,EQ-679,and EX-701. Should I apply for CLI with the BofA and/or BP (I could ask to convert it to a visa also). Or should I apply for a new card that would pull from my high EX score? Or do all of the above. I don't know if Bof A would pull EQ again and see it is average, and I have searched the internet to see what BP/Chase would pull and have come up empty. Also inquiries: I have 2 on EQ from 12/06 and none on the other two. There is a lot of info packed in this small message I just wanted to get everyones opinion before I made a move. Thanks in advance. **I checked whogavemecredit.com and they show a BP that is not Chase branded**

Message Edited by RGordon on 11-01-2007 05:43 PM
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do next?

chase will upgrade the bp to bp visa if your cl is over 500 (which yours is).
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you know which credit report they will use?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

experian. i don't think it's a hard to upgrade, just for cli.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I finally got the guts to call Chase/BP and was upgraded to the BP Rewards Visa without even a soft inquiry. For the CLI though, they said a hard hit and I said no. I hope that now that I have a visa the will give out the CLI's more frequently.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

good job.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got my BofA bumped up to $5000. Two good things tonight without an inquiry, feeling lucky but I will stop while I am ahead.
Message 7 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I got my BofA bumped up to $5000. Two good things tonight without an inquiry, feeling lucky but I will stop while I am ahead.

You're not related to ashabbir1, I can tell! Smiley Wink

Srsly, nice work.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope it helps the scores!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the LUV button on the BB store card site.  I got one after four months with no hard inquiry
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.