Frequent Contributor
RGordon

What to do next?

[ Edited ]
I currently have three cc's and a student loan open. I have other history on my credit report but everything is paid and closed (such as other student loans and car loans). I have a BB store card since 12/06 with a balance of $416/$2000, a BofA secured graduated to a unsecured since 09/06 with $104/$1500, and a chase/bp store card (non Visa) that I have has since 1998 with a balance of $21/$875. I have never asked for a CLI on any of these cards. By the way my scores as of today are TU-639,EQ-679,and EX-701. Should I apply for CLI with the BofA and/or BP (I could ask to convert it to a visa also). Or should I apply for a new card that would pull from my high EX score? Or do all of the above. I don't know if Bof A would pull EQ again and see it is average, and I have searched the internet to see what BP/Chase would pull and have come up empty. Also inquiries: I have 2 on EQ from 12/06 and none on the other two. There is a lot of info packed in this small message I just wanted to get everyones opinion before I made a move. Thanks in advance. **I checked whogavemecredit.com and they show a BP that is not Chase branded**

Message Edited by RGordon on 11-01-2007 05:43 PM
Senior Contributor
imducky

Re: What to do next?

chase will upgrade the bp to bp visa if your cl is over 500 (which yours is).
Frequent Contributor
RGordon

do you know which credit report they will use?
Senior Contributor
imducky

experian. i don't think it's a hard to upgrade, just for cli.
Frequent Contributor
RGordon

Well I finally got the guts to call Chase/BP and was upgraded to the BP Rewards Visa without even a soft inquiry. For the CLI though, they said a hard hit and I said no. I hope that now that I have a visa the will give out the CLI's more frequently.
Senior Contributor
imducky

good job.
Frequent Contributor
RGordon

Well I got my BofA bumped up to $5000. Two good things tonight without an inquiry, feeling lucky but I will stop while I am ahead.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

RGordon wrote:
Well I got my BofA bumped up to $5000. Two good things tonight without an inquiry, feeling lucky but I will stop while I am ahead.

You're not related to ashabbir1, I can tell! :smileywink:

Srsly, nice work.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
RGordon

Hope it helps the scores!
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Try the LUV button on the BB store card site.  I got one after four months with no hard inquiry

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}