Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do....what to do???

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Re: What to do....what to do???

Thanks everyone for your responses, i do appreciate the advice. Its funny, i just realized that this is prob this hard of a decision because i was never in a position to be picky or turn down credit...i love this side of the credit pasture...sure is greener ;-)

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 26
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Why not just close the Orchard and Merrick?

+1

Why SD a card with an AF? I just closed my Merrick a couple of weeks ago and am glad I did. You have higher lines now and the Orchard and Merrick will still be positive reports. Close 'em...shut 'em down ! You can do it. Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 22 of 26
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

LOL...thnx for the faith. Yea i think its done unless they make me an offer i cnt refuse ;-)

Message 23 of 26
adavis425
Established Contributor

@shorrttyycm1 wrote:
LOL...thnx for the faith. Yea i think its done unless they make me an offer i cnt refuse ;-)

Yeah, don't count on Merrick for that. When I told the rep I wanted to close the account, she suggested I keep it open just for emergencies. I told her I would were it not for the AF. She had no counter/comment. She simply said, "ok, your account is now closed." Good riddance!

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 24 of 26
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

The Orchard card is converting to Capital One and I heard they stopped doing increases until the transition is complete, which will be late spring. I would hold onto to the Orchard card and wait until the transition is complete to ask for a CLI. My Orchard card has a $1100 CL and it started at $300. I was getting increases every 6 months until Cap One took over. I haven't had an increase since 2011.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 25 of 26
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if Cap One will auto review all accounts when the change is complete and increase limits automatically to match our current capone cards???

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.