Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with Cap One?

tag
mum4519
Contributor

What to do with Cap One?

So I have No Hassle Rewards with a $500 limit (bumped up from $300 originally with an auto CLI) and just got a Cap One Green Cash Rewards (average credit) with a CL of $1,000. Both have annual fees of $39 (lame!) What should I do? My previous Cap One was opened last September. Other than these two cards I have a WF Rewards Card for $4,600.

Thanks!
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: What to do with Cap One?

Ask them if you can combine the limits. They might say no, but they might say yes, you never know with cap1. It seems pointless to pay that much in AFs. Also remember to check out perk central with the cash card :-)
Message 2 of 8
mum4519
Contributor

I'm going to see if they combine but by looking on here it doesn't look like they do that anymore. That being said, what are some recommendations for me?
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Message 3 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I personally would close the one with the lower limit before af gits if they wont waive it. It may be older but it will stay on your report for 10 years as a positice account. Depending on how many cards you have and what their limits are, if you have any balances you might take a util hit on your report. But 39$ for a 500 limit seems excessive to me.
Message 4 of 8
mum4519
Contributor

Yea chances are I am going to see if they will waive the AF on the $500 and if not I will close it. My utilization with the $500 card will be about 4.05% and without it around 4.36% so really no difference at all. I just have had the card since last September so I didn't know what to do.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Message 5 of 8
mum4519
Contributor

It was definitely my rebuilder card out of college.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Message 6 of 8
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

They should give you a 50% AF deal when you are about to close your acc.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They should just give you a $10,000 cli everytime you say the words "I want to close my account"
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.